Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Retinal microscotomas revealed with adaptive-optics microflashesWalter Makous
Center for Visual Science, University of Rochester, New York, NY 14627 0270, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 47:4160-7. 2006..To develop a sensitive psychophysical test for detecting visual defects such as microscotomas...
- Comment on "Emergence of novel color vision in mice engineered to express a human cone photopigment"Walter Makous
Center for Visual Science, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14627, USA
Science 318:196; author reply 196. 2007..However, neither neural plasticity nor a new dimension of sensory experience is required to explain their results...
- Contrast conservation in human visionJozsef Fiser
Center for Visual Science, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14627 0268, USA
Vision Res 43:2637-48. 2003....
- Enhancing the contrast sensitivity function through action video game trainingRenjie Li
Brain and Cognitive Sciences Department and Center for Visual Science, University of Rochester, New York, USA
Nat Neurosci 12:549-51. 2009..We found that the very act of action video game playing also enhanced contrast sensitivity, providing a complementary route to eyesight improvement...
- The spatial properties of opponent-motion normalizationStéphane J M Rainville
Center for Visual Science, Meliora 274, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14627, USA
Vision Res 42:1727-38. 2002..Further characterization of motion contrast will require models of the spatial, temporal, and joint space-time properties of mechanisms mediating opponent-motion and flicker normalization...
- Opponent-motion mechanisms are self-normalizingStéphane J M Rainville
Center for Vision Research, York University, 4700 Keele Street, North York, Ont, Canada M1J 1P3
Vision Res 45:1115-27. 2005..Journal of the Optical Society of America A-Optics and Image Science, 11, 1710-1719] but support a local normalization process whose spatial properties are inherited from low-level motion detectors...
- SCHEMATIC RETINAWalter Makous; Fiscal Year: 1993..The operations studied include transformations of stimulus intensity, attenuation of spatial and temporal information, convergence of color signals into the spatial mechanisms, and processing of stereoscopic and moving images...
- SCHEMATIC RETINAWalter Makous; Fiscal Year: 2001....