T H Makikallio
Affiliation: University of Miami
- Fractal analysis and time- and frequency-domain measures of heart rate variability as predictors of mortality in patients with heart failureT H Makikallio
Division of Cardiology, Oulu University Hospital, Finland
Am J Cardiol 87:178-82. 2001....
- Prediction of sudden cardiac death by fractal analysis of heart rate variability in elderly subjectsT H Makikallio
Division of Cardiology, University of Miami, School of Medicine, Florida 33101, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 37:1395-402. 2001..The aim of this study was to test the hypothesis that abnormal scaling characteristics of heart rate (HR) predict sudden cardiac death in a random population of elderly subjects...
- Cardiac interbeat interval dynamics from childhood to senescence : comparison of conventional and new measures based on fractals and chaos theoryS M Pikkujämsä
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Oulu, Finland
Circulation 100:393-9. 1999....
- Fractal correlation properties of R-R interval dynamics and mortality in patients with depressed left ventricular function after an acute myocardial infarctionH V Huikuri
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Oulu, Finland
Circulation 101:47-53. 2000..The purpose of this study was to compare the prognostic power of new fractal and traditional measures of R-R interval variability as predictors of death after acute myocardial infarction...
- Differences in heart rate dynamics before the spontaneous onset of long and short episodes of paroxysmal atrial fibrillationS Vikman
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Tampere PL 2000, 33521 Tampere, Finland
Ann Noninvasive Electrocardiol 6:134-42. 2001..This study was designed to test the hypothesis that HR dynamics preceding the onset of (AF) may influence the duration of AF...
- Dynamic behavior and autonomic regulation of ectopic atrial pacemakersH V Huikuri
University of Oulu, Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Oulu, Finland
Circulation 100:1416-22. 1999..We compared the HR variability of tachycardias originating from the ectopic foci and the sinus node...
- Altered complexity and correlation properties of R-R interval dynamics before the spontaneous onset of paroxysmal atrial fibrillationS Vikman
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, the Tampere School of Public Health, University of Tampere, Finland
Circulation 100:2079-84. 1999..The purpose of this study was to reveal possible alterations in the dynamics of R-R intervals before the spontaneous onset of paroxysmal AF...
- Determinants and interindividual variation of R-R interval dynamics in healthy middle-aged subjectsS M Pikkujämsä
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Oulu, 90020 Oulu, Finland
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 280:H1400-6. 2001..However, subtle gender-related differences are also present in fractal and complexity measures of heart rate behavior...