Affiliation: University of Connecticut Health Center
- Vitamin B12 deficiency in patients undergoing bariatric surgery: preventive strategies and key recommendationsShounak Majumder
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Connecticut, Farmington, Connecticut Electronic address
Surg Obes Relat Dis 9:1013-9. 2013..This review explores the pathophysiology of cobalamin deficiency in patients undergoing bariatric surgery and provides an overview of the effectiveness of various available vitamin B12 formulations...
- Subvesical bile duct injury: an often missed cause of postcholecystectomy bile leakShounak Majumder
Departments of Internal Medicine, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 23:e168-9. 2013..Preoperative knowledge of this uncommon variant may improve surgical technique aimed at avoiding biliary injury during cholecystectomy. ..
- Hepatoid variant of pancreatic cancer: insights from a case and literature reviewShounak Majumder
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Connecticut Farmington, CT 06030, USA
JOP 14:442-5. 2013..Hepatoid" cancer refers to an extrahepatic neoplasm with hepatocellular differentiation. The stomach is the most common site and pancreatic origin is distinctly uncommon...
- A review of the current status of endoluminal therapy as a primary approach to obesity managementShounak Majumder
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Connecticut, Farmington, CT, USA
Surg Endosc 27:2305-11. 2013..Therapeutic endoscopy may be the next paradigm of bariatric care. Combining restrictive and barrier endoscopic techniques can potentially improve efficacy and should be evaluated in the setting of appropriate clinical trials...
- Functional 'composite' pheochromocytoma-ganglioneuroma presenting as a pancreatic massShounak Majumder
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Connecticut, 263 Farmington Avenue, Farmington, CT 06030, United States
Pancreatology 12:211-4. 2012..Clinical, biochemical and radiological aspects of this rare tumor and its association with neurofibromatosis and other hereditary cancer syndromes are discussed...
- Catastrophic arteriovenous thromboembolism as initial manifestation of pancreatic cancerShounak Majumder
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Connecticut, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
JOP 13:231-4. 2012..However, simultaneous arterial and venous thromboses affecting multiple organs at the time of initial diagnosis is rare, with an incidence of less than 1%...
- Vomiting-induced gastric emphysema: a rare self-limiting conditionShounak Majumder
Departments of Medicine, University of Connecticut, Farmington, USA
Am J Med Sci 343:92-3. 2012..The authors also review the clinical associations of this uncommon condition and discuss risk stratification and management strategies...
- Endoscopic ultrasound-guided pancreatic fiducial placement: how important is ideal fiducial geometry?Shounak Majumder
Department of Medicine, University of Connecticut, Farmington, CT, USA
Pancreas 42:692-5. 2013..Our objectives were to determine the proportion of patients in whom IFG can be achieved when fiducials are placed by endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) and surgery and to determine if attaining IFG is necessary for delivering radiation...
- Pancreatic cancer: an endoscopic perspectiveShounak Majumder
Internal Medicine, University of Connecticut Health Center, 263 Farmington Avenue, Farmington, CT 06030 3229, USA
Expert Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol 6:95-103; quiz 104. 2012..This review summarizes the recent advances in endoscopic applications for the management of pancreatic neoplasms...
- Emerging pharmacotherapeutic strategies for cholangiocarcinomaConstantin A Dasanu
St Francis Hospital and Medical Center, Department of Hematology Oncology, Hartford, CT, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 12:1865-74. 2011....