Anna K Majewska
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Remodeling of synaptic structure in sensory cortical areas in vivoAnia K Majewska
Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Picower Center for Learning and Memory, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Neurosci 26:3021-9. 2006....
- Plasticity and specificity of cortical processing networksAnia K Majewska
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Trends Neurosci 29:323-9. 2006..This review is part of the TINS special issue on The Neural Substrates of Cognition...
- Rapid, long-term labeling of cells in the developing and adult rodent visual cortex using double-stranded adeno-associated viral vectorsRebecca L Lowery
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York, USA
Dev Neurobiol 69:674-88. 2009..We conclude that dsAAV is an excellent vector for rapid labeling and long-term in vivo imaging studies of astrocytes and neurons on the single cell level within the developing and adult visual cortex...
- Structural dynamics of synapses in vivo correlate with functional changes during experience-dependent plasticity in visual cortexDaniela Tropea
Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Picower Institute for Learning and Memory, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Neurosci 30:11086-95. 2010....
- Microglial interactions with synapses are modulated by visual experienceMarie Eve Tremblay
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy and Center for Visual Science, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York, United States of America
PLoS Biol 8:e1000527. 2010..These findings suggest that microglia may actively contribute to the experience-dependent modification or elimination of a specific subset of synapses in the healthy brain...
- Postsynaptic deregulation in GAP-43 heterozygous mouse barrel cortexEmily A Kelly
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Cereb Cortex 20:1696-707. 2010..Taken together, our findings suggest abnormal postsynaptic differentiation in GAP-43 HZ cortex during early barrel development, followed by adaptive compensation and partial phenotypic rescue...
- Dendritic spine geometry: functional implication and regulationYasunori Hayashi
RIKEN MIT Neuroscience Research Center, Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Neuron 46:529-32. 2005..Here we review recent evidence suggesting that the geometry of dendritic spines controls postsynaptic calcium signaling and is bidirectionally regulated during synaptic plasticity...
- Next-generation optical technologies for illuminating genetically targeted brain circuitsKarl Deisseroth
Department of Bioengineering, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Neurosci 26:10380-6. 2006..Here we explore key recent advances that unite optical and genetic approaches, focusing on promising techniques that either allow novel studies of neural dynamics and behavior or provide fresh perspectives on classic model systems...
- Imaging visual plasticity in vivo.Anna K Majewska; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study will provide information with broad implications for understanding and treating a large spectrum of human neurological disorders. ..