Affiliation: University of North Carolina
- Developmental basis of vascular smooth muscle diversityMark W Majesky
Department of Medicine, Carolina Cardiovascular Biology Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7126, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 27:1248-58. 2007....
- Loss of microRNAs in neural crest leads to cardiovascular syndromes resembling human congenital heart defectsZhan Peng Huang
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, McAllister Heart Institute, School of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 30:2575-86. 2010..The goal of this study was to investigate the function of microRNA (miRNA) in NCCs and the cardiovascular system...
- A sonic hedgehog signaling domain in the arterial adventitia supports resident Sca1+ smooth muscle progenitor cellsJenna N Passman
Carolina Cardiovascular Biology Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:9349-54. 2008..We conclude that a restricted domain of Shh signaling is localized to the arterial adventitia and may play important roles in maintenance of resident vascular SMC progenitor cells in the artery wall...
- Chapter 9. Development of coronary vesselsXiu Rong Dong
Carolina Cardiovascular Biology Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Methods Enzymol 445:209-28. 2008..These techniques form the basic tools to study the cellular and molecular pathways that guide development and remodeling of coronary vessels...
- Distinct progenitor populations in skeletal muscle are bone marrow derived and exhibit different cell fates during vascular regenerationSusan M Majka
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Nutrition Research Center, Center for Cell and Gene Therapy, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Clin Invest 111:71-9. 2003..Thus, distinct populations of vascular progenitors are resident within skeletal muscle, are derived from bone marrow, and exhibit different cell fates during injury-induced vascular regeneration...
- Cysteine-rich LIM-only proteins CRP1 and CRP2 are potent smooth muscle differentiation cofactorsDavid F Chang
The Center for Cardiovascular Development, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Dev Cell 4:107-18. 2003....
- Decisions, decisions...SRF coactivators and smooth muscle myogenesisMark W Majesky
Circ Res 92:824-6. 2003
- Smooth muscle stem cellsKaren K Hirschi
Center for Cell and Gene Therapy, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Anat Rec A Discov Mol Cell Evol Biol 276:22-33. 2004..This article will review our current understanding of the origins of vascular SMCs from multipotential stem and progenitor cells in developing as well as adult vasculature...
- Hedgehog Signaling in the AdventitiaMark W Majesky; Fiscal Year: 2010..This work is the first step toward development of new genetic tests for CDH risk, and may lead to identification of new drug targets for more effective treatment of these diseases. ..