Affiliation: University of California
- Effects of a videotape information intervention for spouses on spouse distress and patient recovery from surgeryHeike I M Mahler
Department of Psychology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0109, USA
Health Psychol 21:427-37. 2002..Results are discussed in relation to research on optimism effects and work that suggests men may generally be less effective caregivers than women...
- Effects of appearance-based interventions on sun protection intentions and self-reported behaviorsHeike I M Mahler
Department of Psychology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093, USA
Health Psychol 22:199-209. 2003....
- Effects of UV photographs, photoaging information, and use of sunless tanning lotion on sun protection behaviorsHeike I M Mahler
University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Arch Dermatol 141:373-80. 2005....
- Long-term effects of appearance-based interventions on sun protection behaviorsHeike I M Mahler
Department of Psychology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Health Psychol 26:350-60. 2007..To examine the longer term efficacies of exposure to UV photographs and photoaging information (e.g., wrinkles and age spots) for increasing sun protection intentions and behaviors of young adults...
- Social norms information enhances the efficacy of an appearance-based sun protection interventionHeike I M Mahler
Department of Psychology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0109, USA
Soc Sci Med 67:321-9. 2008..Further, the addition of both injunctive and descriptive norms information increased self-reported sun protection behaviors during the subsequent month...
- Effects of upward and downward social comparison information on the efficacy of an appearance-based sun protection intervention: a randomized, controlled experimentHeike I M Mahler
Department of Psychology 0109, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
J Behav Med 33:496-507. 2010..Possible mechanisms that may have reduced the benefits of upward comparison information and contributed to the undermining effects of downward comparison information are discussed...
- Sun protection intervention for highway workers: long-term efficacy of UV photography and skin cancer information on men's protective cognitions and behaviorMichelle L Stock
Department of Psychology, The George Washington University, Washington, DC 20052, USA
Ann Behav Med 38:225-36. 2009..The risk for skin cancer is increased among older males and outdoor workers who have high levels of ultraviolet (UV) exposure...
- Marital quality predicts hospital stay following coronary artery bypass surgery for women but not menJames A Kulik
University of California, San Diego La Jolla 92093 0109, San Diego, USA
Soc Sci Med 63:2031-40. 2006....
- Using UV photography to reduce use of tanning booths: a test of cognitive mediationFrederick X Gibbons
Department of Psychology, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Health Psychol 24:358-63. 2005....