Kathy Ruth Magnusson
Affiliation: University of Idaho
- Age-related deficits in mice performing working memory tasks in a water mazeKathy R Magnusson
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Colorado State University, USA
Behav Neurosci 117:485-95. 2003..This increased susceptibility of immediate working memory processes to the aging process in mice may be related to their need for more rehearsal in the water maze than other species...
- The effects of aging on different C-terminal splice forms of the zeta1(NR1) subunit of the N-methyl-d-aspartate receptor in miceKathy R Magnusson
Department of Biological Sciences, WWAMI Medical Program, University of Idaho, Moscow, ID 83844 3051, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 135:141-9. 2005..This heterogeneity has implications for producing imbalances in the modulation of the remaining receptors...
- Differential effects of aging on NMDA receptors in the intermediate versus the dorsal hippocampusKathy Ruth Magnusson
Department of Biomedical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Program in Molecular, Cellular, and Integrative Neurosciences, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
Neurobiol Aging 27:324-33. 2006..There was no significant effect of age on densities of either the zeta1 or epsilon1 subunit mRNA. These results suggest that the aging process affects NMDA receptors more in the intermediate hippocampus than the dorsal...
- Age-related declines in a two-day reference memory task are associated with changes in NMDA receptor subunits in miceKathy R Magnusson
Department of Biomedical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
BMC Neurosci 8:43. 2007..Crude synaptosomes were prepared from prefrontal/frontal cortex and hippocampus of the mice that underwent reference memory testing first. NMDA receptor subunit and syntaxin proteins were analyzed with Western blotting...
- Changes in the expression of the NR2B subunit during aging in macaque monkeysLing Bai
Program in Molecular, Cellular, and Integrative Neurosciences, Department of Biomedical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
Neurobiol Aging 25:201-8. 2004....
- Can selective ligands for glutamate binding proteins be rationally designed?Nicholas R Natale
301 Renfrew Hall, Department of Chemistry, University of Idaho, Moscow, ID 83844 2343 USA
Curr Top Med Chem 6:823-47. 2006..The prospects for unraveling cross-reactivity will be weighed in light of a critical comparison of the glutamate binding protein targets...
- Age-related changes in the protein expression of subunits of the NMDA receptorKathy Ruth Magnusson
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Program in Cellular, Molecular, and Integrative Neurosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 99:40-5. 2002..These subunit alterations may explain some of the changes that are seen in NMDA receptor functions during aging...
- The effects of aging and genotype on NMDA receptor expression in growth hormone receptor knockout (GHRKO) miceKathy Ruth Magnusson
Department of Biomedical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Oregon State University, 105 Magruder Hall, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 66:607-19. 2011..These results suggest that some of the functional improvements in aged mice with altered growth hormone signaling may be due to enhancement of NMDA receptors, but not through the upregulation of messenger RNA for the GluN1 subunit...
- Effects of developmental exposure to lead, magnesium and zinc mixtures on spatial learning and expression of NMDA receptor subunit mRNA in Fischer 344 ratsHeike M Newman
Center for Environmental Toxicology and Technology, Department of Environmental Health, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523-1676, USA
Toxicol Lett 126:107-19. 2002..Our results showed that exposure to all three metals affected mortality, learning ability and gender-dependent expression patterns of an NMDAR subunit in a different way from that seen with exposure to the individual metals...
- Acute dissociation for analyses of NMDA receptor function in cortical neurons during agingM Cathleen Kuehl-Kovarik
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Anatomy Section, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523 1680, USA
J Neurosci Methods 129:11-7. 2003..Thus, this method is ideal for the dissociation of neurons from the brain of both young and old animals, and offers a powerful tool for functional analysis at the level of the individual cell...
- Catalytic asymmetric synthesis of glutamate analoguesDavid J Burkhart
Department of Chemistry, University of Idaho, 301 Renfrew Hall, Moscow, ID 83844-2343, USA
Org Lett 6:1285-8. 2004..Chiral centers alpha or beta at the C-5 position do not detract from diastereoselectivity of the Jacobsen-Strecker reaction. [reaction: see text]..