Renee E Magnan
Affiliation: University of New Mexico
- A transdisciplinary approach to the selection of moderators of an exercise promotion intervention: baseline data and rationale for Colorado STRIDERenee E Magnan
Department of Psychology, University of New Mexico, MSC03 2220, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
J Behav Med 36:20-33. 2013..Preliminary data from COSTRIDE suggest that interventions among sedentary individuals may be more effective if a broader range of factors influencing physical activity are considered...
- The effects of warning smokers on perceived risk, worry, and motivation to quitRenee E Magnan
North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND, USA
Ann Behav Med 37:46-57. 2009..Research concerning motives for smoking cessation has focused on beliefs (cognitions) that people have, especially risk perceptions, with less attention directed to worry (negative affect) concerning one's smoking...
- Self-monitoring effects of ecological momentary assessment on smokers' perceived risk and worryRenee E Magnan
Department of Psychology, Washington State University Vancouver, Vancouver, WA 98686, USA
Psychol Assess 25:416-23. 2013..These data suggest that EMA procedures asking respondents to self-monitor their thoughts about smoking may influence feelings about their smoking behavior...
- Effects of current physical activity on affective response to exercise: physical and social-cognitive mechanismsRenee E Magnan
Department of Psychology, Washington State University Vancouver, Vancouver, WA, USA
Psychol Health 28:418-33. 2013..Recommendations for future research to elucidate whether positive affective response to physical activity improves as a function of becoming more active over time are discussed...
- Aerobic capacity testing with inactive individuals: the role of subjective experienceRenee E Magnan
Dept of Psychology, Washington State University Vancouver, Vancouver, WA, USA
J Phys Act Health 10:271-9. 2013..1; RPEmax ≥ 18; age predicted HRmax ±10bpm), and the correlates of a successful plateau or achievement of secondary criteria during a VO2max session...
- Smokers' thoughts and worries: a study using ecological momentary assessmentAmber R Köblitz
Department of Psychology, North Dakota State University, ND, USA
Health Psychol 28:484-92. 2009..The purpose of this study was to investigate smokers' thoughts and worries about their smoking behavior. Researchers have sometimes asked smokers to make such self-assessments but typically using retrospective summary judgments...
- Associations of marijuana use and sex-related marijuana expectancies with HIV/STD risk behavior in high-risk adolescentsChristian S Hendershot
Center on Alcoholism, Substance Abuse, and Addictions, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Psychol Addict Behav 24:404-14. 2010..These results provide further evidence that marijuana use is a potentially important cofactor for HIV/STD transmission in high-risk adolescents and suggest that cognitive factors could be important for characterizing this association...