M T Madsen
Affiliation: University of Iowa
- A method for quantifying SPECT uniformityM T Madsen
University of Iowa, Department of Radiology, Iowa City 52242, USA
Med Phys 24:1696-700. 1997..As a result this method can be used to objectively evaluate SPECT field uniformity in systems which utilize parallel collimation and circular orbits...
- Selecting a new PET/CT systemMark T Madsen
Department of Radiology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Am Coll Radiol 1:356-8. 2004
- Recent advances in SPECT imagingMark T Madsen
Department of Radiology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Nucl Med 48:661-73. 2007..These systems have pushed the limits of SPECT into the submillimeter range, making them valuable molecular imaging tools capable of providing information unavailable from other modalities...
- Potential increased tumor-dose delivery with combined 131I-MIBG and 90Y-DOTATOC treatment in neuroendocrine tumors: a theoretic modelMark T Madsen
Department of Radiology, University of Iowa, 200 Hawkins Dr, Iowa City, 52242, USA
J Nucl Med 47:660-7. 2006..In this paper, we investigate the conditions in which combined-agent therapy is advantageous and we quantify the expected tumor-dose gain...
- A new software tool for removing, storing, and adding abnormalities to medical images for perception research studiesMark T Madsen
Department of Radiology, The University of Iowa, 200 Hawkins Drive, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Acad Radiol 13:305-12. 2006....
- A device for applying static loads to prosthetic limbs of transtibial amputees during spiral CT examinationM T Madsen
Department of Radiology, University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242, USA
J Rehabil Res Dev 37:383-7. 2000..This device has been used successfully with 19 transtibial amputees, allowing the acquisition of spiral CT studies with half and full body weight loads...
- Bladder pressure at the onset of vesicoureteral reflux determined by nuclear cystometrogramChristopher S Cooper
Division of Pediatric Urology and Department of Radiology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, 52242 1089, USA
J Urol 170:1537-40; discussion 1540. 2003..Bladder pressure at the onset of reflux may reflect the ureterovesical junction competence. By combining simultaneous cystometry with nuclear cystography (nuclear cystometrogram) we determined bladder pressure at the onset of reflux...
- Modeling combined radiopharmaceutical therapy: a linear optimization frameworkIan M Besse
Applied Mathematical and Computational Sciences, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, USA
Technol Cancer Res Treat 8:51-60. 2009..We also consider extensions of this model to include an arbitrary number of independent radiopharmaceuticals and/or other treatment factors...
- 99mTc-depreotide tumour uptake in patients with non-Hodgkin's lymphomaDavid L Bushnell
Iowa City Veterans Administration Hospital, Diagnostic Imaging and Radioisotope Therapy Service, Iowa City, IA 52246, USA
Nucl Med Commun 25:839-43. 2004..SSTR peptides can be labelled with beta emitters and, if sufficient tumour uptake relative to normal organs can be demonstrated, therapeutic applications can be considered...
- Vitamin A deficiency promotes bronchial hyperreactivity in rats by altering muscarinic M(2) receptor functionStephen E McGowan
Department of Veterans Affairs Research Service, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 282:L1031-9. 2002..Vitamin A (retinol) and its congeners (retinoids) may be required to regulate bronchial responsiveness in addition to maintaining a normal bronchial epithelium...
- Can FDG-PET reduce the need for mediastinoscopy in potentially resectable nonsmall cell lung cancer?Kemp H Kernstine
Department of Biostatistics, College of Public Health, University of Iowa, and Iowa City Veterans Administration Medical Center, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 73:394-401; discussion 401-2. 2002..We question whether once PET is performed, is mediastinoscopy necessary?..
- AAPM Task Group 108: PET and PET/CT shielding requirementsMark T Madsen
Radiology, University of Iowa, USA
Med Phys 33:4-15. 2006..Careful planning with the equipment vendor, facility architect, and a qualified medical physicist is necessary to produce a cost effective design while maintaining radiation safety standards...
- Nuclear cystometrogram-determined bladder pressure at onset of vesicoureteral reflux predicts spontaneous resolutionKyle J Van Arendonk
Division of Pediatric Urology, Department of Urology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242 1089, USA
Urology 69:767-70. 2007..The predictive value of the bladder pressure at the onset of vesicoureteral reflux, as measured by nuclear cystometrography, was assessed relative to subsequent reflux resolution...
- Toward fully automated processing of dynamic susceptibility contrast perfusion MRI for acute ischemic cerebral strokeJinsuh Kim
Department of Radiology, University of Iowa, 200 Hawkins Dr, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Comput Methods Programs Biomed 98:204-13. 2010..Our streamlined method also offers promise for further development of automated quantitative analysis of the ischemic penumbra...
- A new pregnancy policy for a new eraGeorges Y El-Khoury
Department of Radiology, The University of Iowa, Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine, 200 Hawkins Dr, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 181:335-40. 2003
- Multimodality noninvasive imaging of gene transfer using the human sodium iodide symporterGang Niu
Free Radical and Radiation Biology Program, Department of Radiation Oncology, Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, USA
J Nucl Med 45:445-9. 2004..This preliminary study demonstrates the feasibility of using hNIS for monitoring the location and magnitude of expression of genes delivered during gene therapy...
- Dual-expressing adenoviral vectors encoding the sodium iodide symporter for use in noninvasive radiological imaging of therapeutic gene transferGang Niu
Free Radical and Radiation Biology Program, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Nucl Med Biol 33:391-8. 2006..CONCLUSIONS: Radiological detection of hNIS derived from dual-expressing adenoviral vectors is a highly effective method to monitor therapeutic gene transfer and expression in a noninvasive manner...
- A segmentation-based method for metal artifact reductionHengyong Yu
Biomedical Imaging Division, VT WFU School of Biomedical Engineering and Science, Virginia Technical, Blacksburg, VA 24061, USA
Acad Radiol 14:495-504. 2007..We propose a novel segmentation-based interpolation method to reduce the metal artifacts caused by surgical aneurysm clips...
- Abnormality manipulation for tomographic imaging perception researchMark Madsen; Fiscal Year: 2007..By making these abnormality manipulation tools available, this project will enable more and better research to reduce or eliminate diagnostic error, thereby improving public health. ..
- Abnormality manipulation for tomographic imaging perception researchMark Madsen; Fiscal Year: 2009..By making these abnormality manipulation tools available, this project will enable more and better research to reduce or eliminate diagnostic error, thereby improving public health. ..