Jennifer R Madden
Affiliation: University of Colorado
- Radiation-induced glioblastoma multiforme in children treated for medulloblastoma with characteristics of both medulloblastoma and glioblastoma multiformeJennifer R Madden
Department of Neuro Oncology, The Children s Hospital, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 32:e272-8. 2010..We recommend biopsy for tissue confirmation and genetic expression profile to shed light on the etiology of radiation-induced neoplasms...
- Experience with electrolyte levels after craniotomy for pediatric brain tumorsJennifer R Madden
Department of Oncology, The Children s Hospital, University of Colorado Medical School, Denver, CO 80218, USA
J Pediatr Oncol Nurs 27:21-3. 2010..The nurse is in the ideal role to monitor closely the pediatric brain tumor patient at high risk for abnormal sodium levels...
- Creative arts therapy improves quality of life for pediatric brain tumor patients receiving outpatient chemotherapyJennifer R Madden
University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Pediatr Oncol Nurs 27:133-45. 2010..With heightened interest in complementary therapy for children with cancer, future research with a larger sample size is needed to document the impact of incorporating creative arts into the healing process...
- Molecular array analyses of 51 pediatric tumors shows overlap between malignant intracranial ectomesenchymoma and MPNST but not medulloblastoma or atypical teratoid rhabdoid tumorB K Kleinschmidt-Demasters
University of Colorado at Denver and Health Science Center, 4200 East Ninth Avenue, B 216, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Acta Neuropathol 113:695-703. 2007..This suggests a common stem cell origin or embryonic gene recapitulation for these tumors and provides novel insights into their underlying biology...
- Unique molecular characteristics of radiation-induced glioblastomaAndrew M Donson
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 66:740-9. 2007..Western blot analyses confirmed that ErbB3, Sox10, and platelet-derived growth factor receptor-alpha proteins were consistently expressed in RIGs but rarely in pediatric GBMs...
- Memory disorders in children with central nervous system germ cell tumorsGreta N Wilkening
University of Colorado, Aurora, CO, USA
J Pediatr Oncol Nurs 29:161-70. 2012..The nurse should be instrumental in facilitating understanding of this specific injury in the brain tumor population...
- Development of an in-home standardized end-of-life treatment program for pediatric patients dying of brain tumorsLesley C Arland
Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders, Children s Hospital Colorado, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO, USA
J Spec Pediatr Nurs 18:144-57. 2013..To evaluate an end-of-life (EOL) program related to specific outcomes (i.e., number of hospitalizations and place of death) for children with brain tumors...
- Potential for improved intelligence quotient using volumetric modulated arc therapy compared with conventional 3-dimensional conformal radiation for whole-ventricular radiation in childrenX Sharon Qi
Department of Radiation Oncology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 84:1206-11. 2012..We modeled the effect of the dosimetric differences on intelligence quotient (IQ)...
- Memory deficits in patients with pediatric CNS germ cell tumorsGreta N Wilkening
The Children s Hospital, Denver, Aurora, CO, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 57:486-91. 2011..Although case studies suggest that memory deficits may be associated with GCT, this is the first study to investigate memory function across a series of pediatric intracranial GCT patients...
- Brain stem glioma in a child: false diagnosis of radiation necrosis with FDG PETLaura Z Fenton
The Children s Hospital, Department of Radiology, Denver, Colorado 80218, USA
Med Pediatr Oncol 40:260-2. 2003