Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- NAC-1 is a brain POZ/BTB protein that can prevent cocaine-induced sensitization in the ratS A Mackler
Departments of Medicine and Psychiatry, Philadelphia Veterans Administration Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Neurosci 20:6210-7. 2000..Thus, NAC-1 may modify the long-term behaviors of psychostimulant abuse by regulating gene transcription in the mammalian brain...
- Cloning and functional expression of the mouse epithelial sodium channelY J Ahn
Departments of Medicine and Physiology, University of Pennsylvania, and Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6144, USA
Am J Physiol 277:F121-9. 1999....
- The effect of gamma-vinyl-GABA on the consumption of concurrently available oral cocaine and ethanol in the ratM F Stromberg
Center for Studies of Addiction, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 68:291-9. 2001..These data suggest that GVG has potential for clinical use in populations that abuse either alcohol or cocaine alone or in combination...
- Effect of acamprosate and naltrexone, alone or in combination, on ethanol consumptionM F Stromberg
Center for Studies of Addiction, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, 3900 Chestnut Street, 19104, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Alcohol 23:109-16. 2001..From these findings, it is suggested that a combination approach of these drugs may not be any more effective than monotherapy...
- NAC-1, a rat brain mRNA, is increased in the nucleus accumbens three weeks after chronic cocaine self-administrationX Y Cha
Department of Medicine, Philadelphia Veterans Administration Medical Center and University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Neurosci 17:6864-71. 1997..Regulation of NAC-1 mRNA in the nucleus accumbens demonstrates a long-term effect of cocaine use on cellular function that may be relevant in behavioral sensitization or cocaine self-administration...
- The POZ/BTB protein NAC1 interacts with two different histone deacetylases in neuronal-like culturesL Korutla
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Neurochem 94:786-93. 2005..Taken together, the results of these experiments indicate sNAC1 and lNAC1 recruit histone deacetylases for transcriptional repression, further enhancing POZ/BTB protein mediated repression...
- The mouse nac1 gene, encoding a cocaine-regulated Bric-a-brac Tramtrac Broad complex/Pox virus and Zinc finger protein, is regulated by AP1S A Mackler
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6084, USA
Neuroscience 121:355-61. 2003..Identification of drug induced alterations in gene expression is key to understanding the types of molecular adaptations underlying addiction...
- Effect of naltrexone on oral consumption of concurrently available ethanol and cocaine in the ratMichael F Stromberg
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, 3900 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Alcohol 28:169-79. 2002..The implications of these findings for the clinical use of naltrexone in populations with comorbid ethanol and cocaine abuse are discussed...
- A comparison of the effects of 6-beta naltrexol and naltrexone on the consumption of ethanol or sucrose using a limited-access procedure in ratsMichael F Stromberg
Department of Psychiatry, Center for Studies of Addiction, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 72:483-90. 2002..The implications of these data for the development of pharmacotherapeutic agents capable of reducing drinking in recovering alcoholics are discussed...
- The effect of cocaine on the expression of motor activity and conditioned place preference in high and low alcohol-preferring Wistar ratsMichael F Stromberg
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, United States
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 82:314-9. 2005....
- The relationship between cocaine-induced increases in NAC1 and behavioral sensitizationP J Wang
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 75:49-54. 2003..Furthermore, these data suggest that NAC1 may function as an endogenous inhibitor of behavioral sensitization. NAC1 represents a target for future studies examining cocaine-induced behavioral changes...
- NAC1, A cocaine regulated mRNA in the rat brainScott Mackler; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- NAC-1 A Cocaine Regulated MRNA in the Rat BrainScott Mackler; Fiscal Year: 2005..The hnman NAC 1 proteinis similar to that of rat and mouse, therefore these experiments may provide important insights into cocaine abuse in humans. ..
- NAC-1, A COCAINE-REGULATED MRNA IN THE RAT BRAINScott Mackler; Fiscal Year: 2002..NAC-1 is one mRNA that demonstrates a long-term adaptation to cocaine use. Results from studies of NAC-1 function in the rat may be helpful in future studies of human subjects who abuse cocaine. ..
- NAC1, A cocaine regulated mRNA in the rat brainScott A Mackler; Fiscal Year: 2010....