Cara L Mack
Affiliation: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- Oligoclonal expansions of CD4+ and CD8+ T-cells in the target organ of patients with biliary atresiaCara L Mack
Sections of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, The Children s Hospital, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, Colorado 80218, USA
Gastroenterology 133:278-87. 2007..We hypothesized that the T cells in biliary atresia tissue expressed related TCRs, suggesting that the expansion was in direct response to antigenic stimulation...
- Cellular and humoral autoimmunity directed at bile duct epithelia in murine biliary atresiaCara L Mack
Section of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado at Denver Health Sciences Center and The Children s Hospital, Denver, USA
Hepatology 44:1231-9. 2006..The role of cellular and humoral autoimmunity in human biliary atresia and possible interventional strategies therefore should be the focus of future research...
- Armed CD4+ Th1 effector cells and activated macrophages participate in bile duct injury in murine biliary atresiaCara L Mack
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, The Children s Hospital, 1056 East 19th Avenue B290, Denver, CO 80218, USA
Clin Immunol 115:200-9. 2005..Utilization of the murine model of BA yielded mechanistic data that can provide much needed insight into the role played by different arms of the immune system related to the pathogenesis of human BA...
- Biliary atresia is associated with CD4+ Th1 cell-mediated portal tract inflammationCara L Mack
Department of Pediatric, The Children s Hospital, University of Colorado Health Science Center, Denver, CO 80218, USA
Pediatr Res 56:79-87. 2004....
- Cholangiocytes as immune modulators in rotavirus-induced murine biliary atresiaBarrett H Barnes
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, The Children s Hospital, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Liver Int 29:1253-61. 2009....
- Progressive biliary destruction is independent of a functional tumor necrosis factor-alpha pathway in a rhesus rotavirus-induced murine model of biliary atresiaRebecca M Tucker
Division of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Department of Medicine, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Viral Immunol 20:34-43. 2007..In summary, although RRV-inoculated BALB/c mice have highly elevated expression of TNF-alpha, this cytokine does not play an obligate role in disease progression...
- ?-enolase autoantibodies cross-reactive to viral proteins in a mouse model of biliary atresiaBrandy R Lu
Section of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, The Children s Hospital, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Gastroenterology 139:1753-61. 2010..We aimed to identify autoantigens recognized by serum antibodies in the Rhesus rotavirus (RRV)-induced mouse model of BA; findings were correlated with BA in humans...
- Unraveling the pathogenesis and etiology of biliary atresiaCara L Mack
Pediatric Liver Center and Liver Transplantation Program, Section of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine and The Children's Hospital, Denver 80218, USA
Pediatr Res 57:87R-94R. 2005..Future investigations combining animal model work and evaluation of clinical specimens holds the promise of identifying the etiology of BA and providing a scientific basis for treatment and preventative interventions...
- Expression of osteopontin correlates with portal biliary proliferation and fibrosis in biliary atresiaPeter F Whitington
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Memorial Research Center, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
Pediatr Res 57:837-44. 2005..These findings suggest a role for OPN in the pathogenesis of biliary atresia...
- Inflammation and biliary tract injuryBrandy R Lu
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, The Children s Hospital, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Curr Opin Gastroenterol 25:260-4. 2009..Primary biliary cirrhosis, primary sclerosing cholangitis and biliary atresia are thought to be immune-mediated cholangiopathies, however, gaps in knowledge remain with regard to the immunopathogenesis of these diseases...
- Treatment of neonatal hemochromatosis with exchange transfusion and intravenous immunoglobulinElizabeth B Rand
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Pediatr 155:566-71. 2009....
- The pathogenesis of biliary atresia: evidence for a virus-induced autoimmune diseaseCara L Mack
Pediatric Liver Center and Liver Transplant Program, Section of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, The Children s Hospital, University of Colorado at Denver Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80218, USA
Semin Liver Dis 27:233-42. 2007....
- Generation of a cholangiocyte-specific cDNA expression library for the identification of B and T cell autoantigens in murine biliary diseaseRebecca M Tucker
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado, Denver Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Children s Hospital Colorado, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Hepatol Res 42:502-7. 2012..The cholangiocyte-specific cDNA library is a powerful tool for the identification of target antigens in murine inflammatory cholangiopathies and is available as a shared resource...
- Acute hepatitis and liver failure associated with influenza A infection in childrenJohn R Whitworth
Section of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Department of Pediatrics, The Pediatric Liver Center, Denver, CO, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 43:536-8. 2006
- Microglia are activated to become competent antigen presenting and effector cells in the inflammatory environment of the Theiler's virus model of multiple sclerosisCara L Mack
Immunology and Interdepartmental Immunobiology Center, Department of Microbiology, Northwestern University Medical School, 303 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Neuroimmunol 144:68-79. 2003....
- Serum cytokines as biomarkers of disease and clues to pathogenesisCara L Mack
Hepatology 46:6-8. 2007
- Optimizing outcomes and bridging biliary atresia into adulthoodRonald J Sokol
Hepatology 41:231-3. 2005
- Surgical restoration of portal flow corrects procoagulant and anticoagulant deficiencies associated with extrahepatic portal vein thrombosisCara L Mack
Departments of Pediatrics and Surgery, Children's Memorial Hospital, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 60614, USA
J Pediatr 142:197-9. 2003..Coagulation factors had returned to normal by one year. The data suggest that portal venous flow is essential for maintaining normal coagulation...
- Role of Cytokines and Autoimmunity in Murine BACara Mack; Fiscal Year: 2005..Defining the immunopathology in biliary atresia will lead to a better understanding of the etiopathogenesis and provide insight into future therapeutic options. ..
- Immunologic Mechanism/Destruction/Biliary ArtesiaCara Mack; Fiscal Year: 2006..Cytokine profiles will be characterized by cytokine mRNA expression. ..
- T Cell-Mediated Mechanisms of Autoimmunity in Murine and Human Biliary AtresiaCara Mack; Fiscal Year: 2007..The overall goal of this research program is to use these molecular and immunological insights as a basis for development of future therapeutic and preventative strategies for this important disease. ..