Affiliation: University of California
- National estimates and predictors of prescription medication sample use in the United States, 1999-2005Conan MacDougall
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, University of California at San Francisco, CA 94143 0622, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 50:677-85. 2010..To determine the prevalence of free medication sample use in the United States and analyze the effects of socioeconomic status and drug safety actions...
- Update on prevalence and treatment of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infectionsCindy A Loffler
University of California, San Francisco Medical Center, 521 Parnassus Ave, C 152, San Francisco, CA 94122, USA
Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther 5:961-81. 2007..As MRSA becomes the 'new normal' in many areas, clinicians will have to sort out the proper role of a dozen or more anti-MRSA drugs...
- Hospital and community fluoroquinolone use and resistance in Staphylococcus aureus and Escherichia coli in 17 US hospitalsConan MacDougall
Department of Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, Virginia Commonwealth University, Medical College of Virginia Campus, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Clin Infect Dis 41:435-40. 2005..We performed an ecologic-level study to determine whether variability in hospital percentages of fluoroquinolone-resistant E. coli and MRSA were associated with fluoroquinolone use in hospitals and their surrounding communities...
- Analysis of empiric antimicrobial strategies for cellulitis in the era of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusSuzanne Phillips
Department of Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA, USA
Ann Pharmacother 41:13-20. 2007..The threshold at which drugs active against MRSA, such as clindamycin and trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole (TMP/SMX), should be incorporated into empiric therapy is unknown...
- Trends in antibacterial use in US academic health centers: 2002 to 2006Amy L Pakyz
Department of Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, Medical College of Virginia Campus, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298 0533, USA
Arch Intern Med 168:2254-60. 2008..The objectives of this study were to characterize trends in antibacterial use in a sample of US hospitals and to identify predictors of use...
- Daptomycin therapy for vancomycin-resistant enterococcal bacteremia: a retrospective case series of 30 patientsJason C Gallagher
School of Pharmacy, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19140, USA
Pharmacotherapy 29:792-9. 2009..To determine clinical and microbiologic outcomes of daptomycin for the treatment of bacteremia caused by vancomycin-resistant enterococci (VRE)...
- Measurement of adult antibacterial drug use in 130 US hospitals: comparison of defined daily dose and days of therapyRonald E Polk
School of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacy, Virginia Commonwealth University, Medical College of Virginia Campus, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Clin Infect Dis 44:664-70. 2007..The World Health Organization's recommended metric is the defined daily dose (DDD). An alternative measure is the number of days of therapy (DOT). The purpose of this study was to contrast these measures...
- Antimicrobial stewardship programs in health care systemsConan MacDougall
Department of Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, Virginia Commonwealth University, Medical College of Virginia Campus, Richmond, Virginia 23298, USA
Clin Microbiol Rev 18:638-56. 2005..When instituting an antimicrobial stewardship program, a hospital should tailor its choice of strategies to its needs and available resources...
- Cethromycin: a promising new ketolide antibiotic for respiratory infectionsSally Rafie
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Pharmacotherapy 30:290-303. 2010..Given current resistance levels, cethromycin could provide more reliable coverage against common respiratory pathogens than traditional agents in the beta-lactam and macrolide classes...
- Variability in rates of use of antibacterials among 130 US hospitals and risk-adjustment models for interhospital comparisonConan MacDougall
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 29:203-11. 2008..To describe variability in rates of antibacterial use in a large sample of US hospitals and to create risk-adjusted models for interhospital comparison...