Affiliation: University of California
- Preterm labor and birth: where are we now?Audrey Lyndon
UCSF School of Nursing Doctoral Program, San Francisco, Calif, USA
J Perinat Neonatal Nurs 20:82-4. 2006
- Communication and teamwork in patient care: how much can we learn from aviation?Audrey Lyndon
Department of Family Health Care Nursing at University of California San Francisco School of Nursing, USA
J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 35:538-46. 2006..To identify evidence on the role of assertiveness and teamwork and the application of aviation industry techniques to improve patient safety for inpatient obstetric care...
- Skillful anticipation: maternity nurses' perspectives on maintaining safetyA Lyndon
University of California, San Francisco, 2 Koret Way, Box 0606, San Francisco, CA 94143 USA
Qual Saf Health Care 19:e8. 2010..To describe maternity nurses' perspectives on how they contribute to safety during labour and birth at two urban academic medical centres in the United States...
- Perinatal safety: from concept to nursing practiceAudrey Lyndon
Department of Family Healthcare Nursing, UCSF School of Nursing, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Perinat Neonatal Nurs 24:22-31. 2010....
- Tensions and teamwork in nursing and midwifery relationshipsHolly Powell Kennedy
University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 37:426-35. 2008..To explore the practice of midwifery within a busy urban tertiary hospital birth setting and to present findings on the relationships between nurses and midwives in providing maternity care...
- Predictors of likelihood of speaking up about safety concerns in labour and deliveryAudrey Lyndon
Department of Family Health Care Nursing, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
BMJ Qual Saf 21:791-9. 2012..In this cross-sectional study, the authors use a new measure of speaking up to begin exploring this issue in maternity care...
- Perspectives on promoting breastmilk feedings for premature infants during a quality improvement projectHenry Chong Lee
Division of Neonatal Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Breastfeed Med 8:176-80. 2013..This study investigated clinicians' perspectives during a quality improvement project to promote breastmilk feedings in premature infants...
- Maternal morbidity during childbirth hospitalization in CaliforniaAudrey Lyndon
Department of Family Health Care Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 25:2529-35. 2012..To determine the incidence and risk factors for maternal morbidity during childbirth hospitalization...
- Effective physician-nurse communication: a patient safety essential for labor and deliveryAudrey Lyndon
Department of Family Health Care Nursing, School of Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 205:91-6. 2011..Consistent execution of successful communication requires excellent listening skills, superb administrative support, and collective commitment to move past traditional hierarchy and professional stereotyping...
- Dancing around death: hospitalist-patient communication about serious illnessWendy G Anderson
University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0903, USA
Qual Health Res 23:3-13. 2013..This acknowledgment process can serve as a guide for providers to sensitively and honestly discuss essential end-of-life issues...
- Social and environmental conditions creating fluctuating agency for safety in two urban academic birth centersAudrey Lyndon
Department of Family Health Care Nursing at the University of California, San Francisco, CA 94131, USA
J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 37:13-23. 2008..To identify processes affecting agency for safety among perinatal nurses, physicians, and certified nurse-midwives...
- Antenatal steroid administration for premature neonates in CaliforniaHenry C Lee
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Obstet Gynecol 117:603-9. 2011....
- How a cost-containment initiative produced recruitment and retentionKatherine Curley Cvach
St Joseph Medical Center, Towson, MD 21204, USA
MCN Am J Matern Child Nurs 28:391-6. 2003....