Affiliation: University of Chicago
- The impact of childhood and adult SES on physical, mental, and cognitive well-being in later lifeYe Luo
Center on Aging, University of Chicago National Opinion Research Center, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 60:S93-S101. 2005..To examine the relationships between socioeconomic status (SES) and health across the life course and their variations by gender and race/ethnicity...
- Intimate partner violence in China: national prevalence, risk factors and associated health problemsWilliam L Parish
University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Int Fam Plan Perspect 30:174-81. 2004..Intimate partner violence has been studied in many developed and developing countries. China remains one of the few large societies for which the prevalence and correlates of intimate partner violence are unknown...
- Sexual practices and sexual satisfaction: a population based study of Chinese urban adultsWilliam L Parish
Department of Sociology, Population Research Center, University of Chicago National Opinion Research Center, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Arch Sex Behav 36:5-20. 2007..While knowledge and values are arguably more important in this transitional period, many antecedents of sexual well-being drawn from the literature on sexual behavior in developed Western countries are also applicable to urban China...
- Unwanted sexual activity among married women in urban ChinaWilliam L Parish
Department of Sociology, University of Chicago, 1126 E 59th Street, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Sex Res 44:158-71. 2007..Net of feedback effects, unwanted sexual activity diminished women's psychological well-being...
- Explaining lapse in long-term care insurance marketsR Tamara Konetzka
Department of Health Studies, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Health Econ 20:1169-83. 2011..Because lapse rates are highest among the least healthy individuals, lapse should be considered explicitly in efforts to expand the LTCI market...
- All in the family: the impact of caring for grandchildren on grandparents' healthMary Elizabeth Hughes
Department of Population, Family and Reproductive Health, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 615 N Wolfe St Room E4648, Baltimore, MD 21215, USA
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 62:S108-19. 2007..The purpose of this study was to examine the effects of caring for grandchildren on health behaviors and mental and physical health among older adults...
- A population-based study of childhood sexual contact in China: prevalence and long-term consequencesYe Luo
Department of Sociology and Anthropology, University of North Florida, 1 UNF Drive, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Child Abuse Negl 32:721-31. 2008..This study provides national estimates of the prevalence of childhood sexual contact and its association with sexual well-being and psychological distress among adults in China...