Genomes and Genes
Victoria V Lunyak
Affiliation: University of California
- Developmentally regulated activation of a SINE B2 repeat as a domain boundary in organogenesisVictoria V Lunyak
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, School of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, Room 345, La Jolla, CA 92093 0648, USA
Science 317:248-51. 2007..These data suggest that transcription of interspersed repetitive sequences may represent a developmental strategy for the establishment of functionally distinct domains within the mammalian genome to control gene activation...
- A topoisomerase IIbeta-mediated dsDNA break required for regulated transcriptionBong Gun Ju
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, 9500 Gilman Drive, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0648, USA
Science 312:1798-802. 2006..Our data mechanistically link DNA topoisomerase IIbeta-dependent dsDNA breaks and the components of the DNA damage and repair machinery in regulated gene transcription...
- Sensors and signals: a coactivator/corepressor/epigenetic code for integrating signal-dependent programs of transcriptional responseMichael G Rosenfeld
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Molecular Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
Genes Dev 20:1405-28. 2006..This strategy imposes a temporal order for modifying programs of transcriptional regulation in response to the cellular milieu, which is used to mediate developmental/homeostatic and pathological events...
- REST and peace for the neuronal-specific transcriptional programVictoria V Lunyak
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Molecular Medicine, and University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine, La Jolla California 92093-0648, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1014:110-20. 2004..We project the accumulated knowledge onto the delineation of the molecular mechanisms by which central nervous system-specific genes are expressed in the nervous system and repressed in other tissues...
- Developmental changes in the Sciara II/9A initiation zone for DNA replicationVictoria V Lunyak
Brown University Division of Biology and Medicine, Providence, Rhode Island 02912, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:8426-37. 2002..These findings support a relationship between the transcriptional machinery and establishment of the replication initiation zone...
- No rest for REST: REST/NRSF regulation of neurogenesisVictoria V Lunyak
Cell 121:499-501. 2005..This study demonstrates that regulation of the REST/NRSF transcriptional repressor plays a fundamental role in the progression of pluripotent cells to lineage-restricted neural progenitors...
- Boundaries. Boundaries...Boundaries???Victoria V Lunyak
Buck Institute for Age Research, 8001 Redwood Blvd, Novato, CA 94945, United States
Curr Opin Cell Biol 20:281-7. 2008..Rule 19 (a) (Boundaries)"Before the toss, the umpires shall agree the boundary of the field of play with both captains. The boundary shall, if possible, be marked along its whole length" Rules of Cricket...
- Epigenetic regulation of stem cell fateVictoria V Lunyak
Buck Institute for Age Research, 8001 Redwood Blvd, Novato, CA 94945, USA
Hum Mol Genet 17:R28-36. 2008..In this review, we discuss the impact of the epigenetic research on our understanding of stem cell biology...