Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Dorsal cortical regions subserving visually guided saccades in humans: an fMRI studyB Luna
Neurobehavioral Studies Program, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Cereb Cortex 8:40-7. 1998..These differences may have functional implications for the roles these areas play in visuomotor processes...
- Neocortical system abnormalities in autism: an fMRI study of spatial working memoryB Luna
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Neurology 59:834-40. 2002..To test the hypothesis that deficits in spatial working memory in autism are due to abnormalities in prefrontal circuitry...
- Studies of brain and cognitive maturation through childhood and adolescence: a strategy for testing neurodevelopmental hypothesesB Luna
Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, University of Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Schizophr Bull 27:443-55. 2001....
- Stimulus-response incompatibility activates cortex proximate to three eye fieldsE P Merriam
Department of Neuroscience, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Neuroimage 13:794-800. 2001..These areas may contribute to the suppression of prepotent responses and in holding novel visuomotor associations in working memory...
- Cortical networks subserving pursuit and saccadic eye movements in humans: an FMRI studyR A Berman
Department of Neuroscience, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15260, USA
Hum Brain Mapp 8:209-25. 1999....
- Immaturities in reward processing and its influence on inhibitory control in adolescenceC F Geier
Laboratory of Neurocognitive Development, Department of Psychiatry and Psychology, Center for the Neural Basis of Cognition, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Cereb Cortex 20:1613-29. 2010..In sum, our findings suggest mechanisms that may underlie adolescents' vulnerability to poor decision-making and risk-taking behavior...
- Inhibitory control of attention declines more than working memory during normal agingJ A Sweeney
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Neurobiol Aging 22:39-47. 2001..These findings indicate changes in frontostriatal systems during normal aging that adversely affect volitional inhibitory processes but spare encoding and retrieval components of spatial working memory...
- Maturation of widely distributed brain function subserves cognitive developmentB Luna
Neurobehavioral Studies Program, MR Research Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Neuroimage 13:786-93. 2001....
- Autism as a selective disorder of complex information processing and underdevelopment of neocortical systemsN J Minshew
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 3811 O Hara Street, Bellefield Suite, 430 Bellefield Towers, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Mol Psychiatry 7:S14-5. 2002
- White matter development in adolescence: a DTI studyM R Asato
Laboratory of Neurocognitive Development, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Cereb Cortex 20:2122-31. 2010..Females showed earlier maturation of white matter integrity compared with males. Together, these findings suggest that white matter connectivity supporting executive control of behavior is still immature in adolescence...
- Oculomotor abnormalities parallel cerebellar histopathology in autismY Takarae
University of Illinois at Chicago, 60612 7327, USA
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 75:1359-61. 2004..To investigate cerebellar function in autism by measuring visually guided saccades...