Terry Y Lum
Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- Use of proxy respondents and accuracy of minimum data set assessments of activities of daily livingTerry Y Lum
University of Minnesota School of Social Work, St Paul, MN 55108, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 60:654-9. 2005..To investigate this issue, the authors studied the accuracy of functional assessments by comparing the MDS and interview data collected in two evaluation studies...
- Understanding the racial and ethnic differences in caregiving arrangementsTerry Y Lum
School of Social Work, University of Minnesota, St Paul, MN, 55108, USA
J Gerontol Soc Work 45:3-21. 2005..Each of these three domains is seen as contributing to the race/ethnic variations in caregiving arrangements...
- Health disparities among immigrant and non-immigrant elders: the association of acculturation and educationTerry Y Lum
School of Social Work, University of Minnesota, 105 Peters Hall, St Paul, MN 55108, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 12:743-53. 2010..3) Acculturation has strong associations with health insurance coverage and with number of difficulties with IADL...
- Effects of Green House nursing homes on residents' familiesTerry Y Lum
University of Minnesota, Saint Paul, MN 55108, USA
Health Care Financ Rev 30:35-51. 2008..Issues in studying family outcomes are discussed as well as implications for roles of various personnel, including social service and activities staff in a GH model...
- Resident outcomes in small-house nursing homes: a longitudinal evaluation of the initial green house programRosalie A Kane
Division of Health Policy and Management, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 55:832-9. 2007..To determine the effects of a small-house nursing home model, THE GREEN HOUSE (GH), on residents' reported outcomes and quality of care...
- Men who work at age 70 or olderMartha N Ozawa
George Warren Brown School of Social Work, Washington University, St Louis, MO, 63130 4899, USA
J Gerontol Soc Work 45:41-63. 2005..The study addressed the probability of working, the probability of working fulltime and of working part-time, and the probability of being self-employed and of being employed by others. Implications for policy are discussed...
- Measuring pain presence and intensity in nursing home residentsWen Chieh Lin
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, MO 65212, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 7:147-53. 2006..To examine the extent of agreement between nursing home residents' (or their proxies') reports of pain presence and intensity as derived from an interview questionnaire and the Minimum Data Set (MDS) nearest to the interview date...