R A Lugo
Affiliation: University of Utah
- Pharmacokinetics of methadoneRalph A Lugo
Department of Pharmacotherapy, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, 84112 5820, USA
J Pain Palliat Care Pharmacother 19:13-24. 2005..General dosing guidelines, dosage conversions from other opioids and pharmacokinetic issues in special populations are discussed...
- The pharmacokinetics of oxycodoneRalph A Lugo
Department of Pharmacotherapy, College of Pharmacy, University of Utah, Salt Lake City 84112 5820, USA
J Pain Palliat Care Pharmacother 18:17-30. 2004..Special populations, including children and those with liver/renal failure, have a unique oxycodone pharmacokinetic profile that must be taken into account in order to maximize analgesic efficacy and reduce the risk of adverse events...
- Clinical pharmacokinetics of morphineRalph A Lugo
College of Pharmacy, and School of Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112 5820, USA
J Pain Palliat Care Pharmacother 16:5-18. 2002....
- Albuterol delivery in a neonatal ventilated lung model: Nebulization versus chlorofluorocarbon- and hydrofluoroalkane-pressurized metered dose inhalersR A Lugo
Department of Pharmacy Practice, University of Utah College of Pharmacy, 30 South 2000 East, Salt Lake City, UT 84112 5820, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 31:247-54. 2001..There was no significant difference in drug delivery between CFC-MDI and HFA-MDI; nor did the placement of the spacer significantly affect drug delivery...
- Enteral methadone to expedite fentanyl discontinuation and prevent opioid abstinence syndrome in the PICUR A Lugo
Department of Pharmacy Practice, College of Pharmacy, University of Utah, Salt Lake City 84112 5820, USA
Pharmacotherapy 21:1566-73. 2001..To determine if enterally administered methadone can facilitate fentanyl discontinuation and prevent withdrawal in children at high risk for opioid abstinence syndrome...
- Albuterol delivery from a metered-dose inhaler with spacer is reduced following short-duration manual ventilation in a neonatal ventilator-lung modelRalph A Lugo
Department of Pharmacotherapy and Pediatrics, University of Utah College of Pharmacy and School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, 84112 5820
Respir Care 49:1029-34. 2004..However, minimizing the amount of time the spacer remains in line might also limit albuterol delivery to the patient...
- Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of ranitidine in critically ill childrenR A Lugo
Department of Pharmacy Practice, the University of Utah College of Pharmacy, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Crit Care Med 29:759-64. 2001..Thereafter, gastric pH should be monitored and the dose of ranitidine adjusted accordingly...
- A cost analysis of enterally administered lorazepam in the pediatric intensive care unitR A Lugo
University of Utah College of Pharmacy and Department of Pharmacy, Primary Children s Medical Center, Salt Lake City 84112, USA
Crit Care Med 27:417-21. 1999..To determine the cost savings of replacing intravenous midazolam with enterally administered lorazepam in mechanically ventilated children who require long-term continuous sedation...
- The effect of midazolam premedication on discharge time in pediatric patients undergoing general anesthesia for dental restorationsJ J Horgesheimer
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, University of Utah School of Medicine, Primary Children's Medical Center, Salt Lake City, USA
Pediatr Dent 23:491-4. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Preoperative administration of oral midazolam does not delay discharge of children undergoing general anesthesia for dental rehabilitation...
- The effect of confirmation calls on appointment-keeping behavior of patients in a children's hospital dental clinicA A Christensen
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Primary Children's Medical Center, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Pediatr Dent 23:495-8. 2001..There was no difference between calls placed one or two working days prior to the appointment. The greatest reduction in broken appointments was shown in the private insurance group...
- Analysis of fentanyl and norfentanyl in human plasma by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry using electrospray ionizationJ Day
Center for Human Toxicology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112, USA
J Anal Toxicol 27:513-6. 2003..00-mm, 5 microLuna C18(2)) column. The intra-assay precision and accuracy ranged from 2.1 to 12.5% for both analytes at concentrations of 0.1, 0.5, 1.0, and 10 ng/mL. The interassay accuracy and precision ranged from 7.34 to 10.95%...
- A survey of albuterol administration practices in intubated patients in the neonatal intensive care unitJulie Ballard
Respiratory Care Department, Primary Children s Medical Center, 100 North Medical Drive, Salt Lake City UT 84113 1100, USA
Respir Care 47:31-8. 2002....
- Cardiovascular drugs for the newbornRobert M Ward
Division of Neonatology, University of Utah, 50 North Medical Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Clin Perinatol 32:979-97, x. 2005..An effective pulmonary vasodilator must dilate the pulmonary vasculature more than the systemic vasculature...
- The pharmacokinetics of the intravenous formulation of fentanyl citrate administered orally in children undergoing general anesthesiaMelissa Wheeler
Department of Pediatric Anesthesiology, 19, Children s Memorial Hospital, 2300 Children s Plaza, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
Anesth Analg 99:1347-51; table of contents. 2004..This suggests that this method of administration be used with caution until further data are available...
- Misoprostol effects on diclofenac-induced cardiorenal changes in salt-sensitive patients with hypertension: the MEDIC StudyMark A Munger
Department of Pharmacotherapy, College of Pharmacy, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112 5820, USA
Pharmacotherapy 28:834-42. 2008..To determine whether coadministration of misoprostol with the nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drug diclofenac lessens the increase in blood pressure and improves the alterations in renal hemodynamics induced by diclofenac...
- Postoperative opiate analgesia requirements of smokers and nonsmokersFreddy M Creekmore
College of Pharmacy, University of Utah, 30 S 2000 East, Room 258, Salt Lake City, UT 84112 5820, USA
Ann Pharmacother 38:949-53. 2004..Abrupt discontinuation of nicotine in nicotine-dependent patients appears to increase the perception of pain. The clinical importance of nicotine's effect on pain perception is not fully understood...
- Effect of perioperative administration of ropivacaine with epinephrine on postoperative pediatric adenotonsillectomy recoveryAlbert H Park
Department of Surgery, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 130:459-64. 2004..To determine whether perioperative administration of ropivacaine hydrochloride with epinephrine decreases postoperative pain following adenotonsillectomy and to determine the pharmacokinetics of ropivacaine following injection...
- Chronically inhaled salmeterol improves pulmonary function in heart failureTien M H Ng
Department of Pharmacy Practice, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 40:140-5. 2002..The plasma half-life of salmeterol may be prolonged in heart failure patients, thus leading to accumulation at steady-state...
- Failure of nasogastric omeprazole suspension in pediatric intensive care patientsJulie A Haizlip
Department of Pediatrics, University of Virginia Children's Medical Center, Charlottesville, USA
Pediatr Crit Care Med 6:182-7. 2005..Half of the studied subjects either required significant dose titrations to achieve gastric acid suppression or did not respond to nasogastric administration of omeprazole suspension...
- The use of haloperidol in agitated critically ill childrenA Marc Harrison
Department of Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Children's Hospital, Ohio, USA
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 41:51-4. 2002