Affiliation: University of Chicago
- Neighborhood effects on the long-term well-being of low-income adultsJens Ludwig
Harris School of Public Policy, University of Chicago, 1155 East 60th Street, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Science 337:1505-10. 2012....
- Long-term effects of head start on low-income childrenJens Ludwig
Social Service Administration, Law, and Public Policy, University of Chicago, 969 E 60th St, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1136:257-68. 2008..Although in principle there could be more beneficial ways of deploying Head Start resources, the benefits of such changes remain uncertain and there is some downside risk...
- Anti-depressants and suicideJens Ludwig
University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, United States
J Health Econ 28:659-76. 2009..We find an increase in SSRI sales of 1 pill per capita (12% of 2000 sales levels) reduces suicide by 5%...
- Neighborhoods, obesity, and diabetes--a randomized social experimentJens Ludwig
University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
N Engl J Med 365:1509-19. 2011..The study reported on here uses data from a social experiment to assess the association of randomly assigned variation in neighborhood conditions with obesity and diabetes...
- "Culture" and the intergenerational transmission of poverty: the prevention paradoxJens Ludwig
Georgetown University, USA
Future Child 16:175-96. 2006..In this article Jens Ludwig and Susan Mayer review and evaluate research on how parental work, marriage, and religion affect children's ..
- Reducing poverty through preschool interventionsGreg J Duncan
Northwestern University, USA
Future Child 17:143-60. 2007Greg Duncan, Jens Ludwig, and Katherine Magnuson explain how providing high-quality care to disadvantaged preschool children can help reduce poverty...