Genomes and Genes
Chi Hao Luan
Affiliation: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- High-throughput expression of C. elegans proteinsChi Hao Luan
Center for Biophysical Sciences and Engineering, Southeast Collaboratory for Structural Genomics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
Genome Res 14:2102-10. 2004..The pipeline described here is applicable to high-throughput expression of recombinant proteins for other species, both prokaryotic and eukaryotic, provided that ORFeome resources become available...
- Structural genomics for Caenorhabditis elegans: high throughput protein expression analysisJames B Finley
Center for Biophysical Sciences and Engineering, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Protein Expr Purif 34:49-55. 2004..This system successfully automates nearly all aspects of recombinant protein expression analysis including subcloning, bacterial growth, recombinant protein expression, protein purification, and scoring protein solubility...
- Domain selection combined with improved cloning strategy for high throughput expression of higher eukaryotic proteinsYunjia Chen
Department of Microbiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
BMC Biotechnol 7:45. 2007..Furthermore, a HTP cloning pipeline incorporated with bioinformatics domain/fragment selection methods will be beneficial to studies of structure and function genomics/proteomics...
- A high throughput platform for eukaryotic genesYunjia Chen
Department of Microbiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA
Methods Mol Biol 426:209-20. 2008..This system can process up to 384 unique samples in parallel and successfully automates most aspects of gene cloning and protein expression analysis, from PCR to protein solubility profiling...
- Crystal structure of the cytoskeleton-associated protein glycine-rich (CAP-Gly) domainSonglin Li
Southeast Collaboratory for Structural Genomics, University of Georgia, Athens 30602, USA
J Biol Chem 277:48596-601. 2002..Residues in the groove are highly conserved as measured from the information content of the aligned sequences. The C-terminal tail of another molecule in the crystal is bound in this groove...
- Improving solubility of Shewanella oneidensis MR-1 and Clostridium thermocellum JW-20 proteins expressed into Esherichia coliIrina Kataeva
Southeast Collaboratory for Structural Genomics, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia 30602, USA
J Proteome Res 4:1942-51. 2005..A suggestion has been made that the Wilkinson-Harrison model is not applicable to C. thermocellum proteins because it did not account for the peculiarities of protein sequences from thermophiles...
- Protein production and crystallization at SECSG -- an overviewBi Cheng Wang
Southeast Collaboratory for Structural Genomics, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602, USA
J Struct Funct Genomics 6:233-43. 2005..Details of the various pipelines in use by the SECSG for protein production and crystallization, as well as some examples of target rescue are described...
- Identification and characterization of nonsubstrate based inhibitors of the essential dengue and West Nile virus proteasesVannakambadi K Ganesh
Center for Biophysical Sciences and Engineering, University of Alabama at Birmingham, CBSE 100, 1530, 3rd Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35294 4400, USA
Bioorg Med Chem 13:257-64. 2005..Sequence similarities among flaviviral proteases suggests that such compounds might also possibly inhibit other flaviviral proteases...
- Identification of the N-terminal functional domains of Cdk5 by molecular truncation and computer modelingJianwen Zhang
Department of Psychiatry, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0017, USA
Proteins 48:447-53. 2002....
- Antibacterial nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide synthetase inhibitors: amide- and ether-linked tethered dimers with alpha-amino acid end groupsSadanandan E Velu
Department of Chemistry, Center for Biophysical Sciences and Engineering, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 901 14th Street South, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
J Med Chem 50:2612-21. 2007..Studies on nonspecific effects, including detergent properties and promiscuous inhibition, suggested little contribution to observed activities...