Genomes and Genes
Shao Ming Lu
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Synaptic activity becomes excitotoxic in neurons exposed to elevated levels of platelet-activating factorMatthew J Bellizzi
Department of Neurology, Child Neurology Division, Center for Aging and Developmental Biology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Clin Invest 115:3185-92. 2005..Furthermore, preconditioning may represent a novel therapeutic strategy for preventing excitotoxic injury while preserving physiologic plasticity...
- The phospholipid mediator platelet-activating factor mediates striatal synaptic facilitationShao Ming Lu
Center for Aging and Developmental Biology, Aab Biomedical Institute, University of Rochester Medical Center, Box 645, 601, Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Neuroimmune Pharmacol 2:194-201. 2007..Thus, the relative concentration and temporal pattern of PAF expression at glutamatergic synapses may govern whether it acts in a physiologic or pathophysiologic manner during striatal neurotransmission...
- HIV-1 Tat-induced microgliosis and synaptic damage via interactions between peripheral and central myeloid cellsShao Ming Lu
Center for Neural Development and Disease, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e23915. 2011....
- The new small-molecule mixed-lineage kinase 3 inhibitor URMC-099 is neuroprotective and anti-inflammatory in models of human immunodeficiency virus-associated neurocognitive disordersDaniel F Marker
Centers for Neural Development and Disease, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Neurosci 33:9998-10010. 2013..In conclusion, these data provide compelling in vitro and in vivo evidence to investigate the utility of URMC-099 in other models of HAND with the goal of advancement to an adjunctive therapeutic agent...
- LRRK2 kinase inhibition prevents pathological microglial phagocytosis in response to HIV-1 Tat proteinDaniel F Marker
Center for Neural Development and Disease, Department of Neurology, Child Neurology Division, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, USA
J Neuroinflammation 9:261. 2012....
- Protecting the synapse: evidence for a rational strategy to treat HIV-1 associated neurologic diseaseMatthew J Bellizzi
Department of Neurology Child Neurology Division, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Neuroimmune Pharmacol 1:20-31. 2006..Whereas patients with HAD beginning antiretroviral therapy have shown reversal of neurologic symptoms that is unique for patients with chronic neurodegenerative conditions, we propose that the potential for such reversal is not unique...
- NF-kappaB/Rel regulates inhibitory and excitatory neuronal function and synaptic plasticityALISON O'MAHONY
Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94141, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:7283-98. 2006..These findings suggest that NF-kappaB/Rel transcription factors act as pivotal regulators of activity-dependent inhibitory and excitatory neuronal function regulating synaptic plasticity and memory...