Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of California
- Physical interaction between aldolase and vacuolar H+-ATPase is essential for the assembly and activity of the proton pumpMing Lu
Department of Medicine, University of California School of Medicine, San Francisco, California 94143 0532, USA
J Biol Chem 282:24495-503. 2007..Taken together, these findings strongly suggest an important role for physical association between aldolase and V-ATPase in the regulation of the proton pump...
- The glycolytic enzyme aldolase mediates assembly, expression, and activity of vacuolar H+-ATPaseMing Lu
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Biol Chem 279:8732-9. 2004..Taken together, these findings provide functional evidence that the ATP-generating glycolytic pathway is directly coupled to the ATP-hydrolyzing proton pump through physical interaction between aldolase and V-ATPase...
- mSIN1 protein mediates SGK1 protein interaction with mTORC2 protein complex and is required for selective activation of the epithelial sodium channelMing Lu
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California, 94158, USA
J Biol Chem 286:30647-54. 2011..These data support the conclusion that mTORC2 uses distinct strategies to phosphorylate different substrates and suggest a mechanism for mTORC2 specificity in the regulation of diverse cellular processes...
- Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-mediated effects of glucose on vacuolar H+-ATPase assembly, translocation, and acidification of intracellular compartments in renal epithelial cellsYuri Y Sautin
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, Box 100224, University of Florida, 1600 SW Archer Rd, Gainesville, FL 32610 0224, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:575-89. 2005....
- mTOR complex-2 activates ENaC by phosphorylating SGK1Ming Lu
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 21:811-8. 2010..We conclude that mTOR, specifically mTORC2, is the HM kinase for SGK1 and is required for ENaC-mediated Na+ transport, thereby extending our understanding of the molecular mechanisms underlying Na+ balance...
- Organization of the ENaC-regulatory machineryRama Soundararajan
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Crit Rev Biochem Mol Biol 47:349-59. 2012....
- The amino-terminal domain of the E subunit of vacuolar H(+)-ATPase (V-ATPase) interacts with the H subunit and is required for V-ATPase functionMing Lu
Department of Medicine University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
J Biol Chem 277:38409-15. 2002..Our data demonstrate the physiological significance of the interaction between the E and H subunits of V-ATPase and extend previous studies on the arrangement of subunits on the peripheral stalk of V-ATPase...
- EG-1 interacts with c-Src and activates its signaling pathwayMing Lu
Department of Surgery, Division of Oncology, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Int J Oncol 29:1013-8. 2006..Furthermore, EG-1 shows interaction with multiple other SH3- and WW-containing molecules involved in various signaling pathways. These observations suggest that EG-1 may be involved in signaling pathways including c-Src activation...
- Vacuolar H+-ATPase binding to microfilaments: regulation in response to phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase activity and detailed characterization of the actin-binding site in subunit BShih Hua Chen
Department of Orthodontics, University of Florida College of Dentistry, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
J Biol Chem 279:7988-98. 2004..This response was fully reversible. The actin binding activities of the B subunits of V-ATPase required 11-amino acid actin-binding motifs that are similar in sequence to the actin-binding site of mammalian profilin I...
- Two distinct disulfide bonds formed in human heat shock transcription factor 1 act in opposition to regulate its DNA binding activityMing Lu
Department of Chemistry and Center for Innovative BioPhysio Sensor Technology, Pusan National University, 609 735 Busan, South Korea
Biochemistry 47:6007-15. 2008..We propose that these interesting effects further explain cellular HSF1 trimerization, DNA binding, and transcription when cells are under stress...
- Pto mutants differentially activate Prf-dependent, avrPto-independent resistance and gene-for-gene resistanceFangming Xiao
Department of Plant Pathology, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas 66506, USA
Plant Physiol 131:1239-49. 2003..Furthermore, 35S::Pto(G50S) plants exhibited normal induction of defense genes in recognition of avrPto. Thus, the AvrPto-independent defense activation and gene-for-gene resistance mediated by Pto are functionally separable...
- Hydrolyzable ATP and PIP(2) modulate the small-conductance K+ channel in apical membranes of rat cortical-collecting duct (CCD)Ming Lu
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Gen Physiol 120:603-15. 2002..We conclude that both ATP-dependent formation of PIP2 through membrane-bound phosphoinositide kinases and phosphorylation of SK by PKA play important roles in modulating SK channel activity...
- The novel gene EG-1 stimulates cellular proliferationMing Lu
Department of Surgery, Division of Oncology, School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Cancer Res 65:6159-66. 2005..These observations collectively support the hypothesis that the novel gene EG-1 is a positive stimulator of cellular proliferation, and may possibly be involved in signaling pathways involving Src and MAPK activation...