Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Reproductive characteristics of wild female Phayre's leaf monkeysAmy Lu
Interdepartmental Doctoral Program in Anthropological Sciences, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York, USA
Am J Primatol 72:1073-81. 2010....
- Phytochemicals and reproductive function in wild female Phayre's leaf monkeys (Trachypithecus phayrei crepusculus)Amy Lu
Interdepartmental Doctoral Program in Anthropological Sciences, Stony Brook University, Circle Rd, Social and Behav Sci Bldg, Stony Brook, NY 11794 4364, USA
Horm Behav 59:28-36. 2011..Although our results support the predicted effects of Vitex on endocrine and reproductive function, future studies with detailed feeding data and chemical analyses of plants are needed to confirm this finding...
- Juggling priorities: female mating tactics in Phayre's leaf monkeysAmy Lu
Interdepartmental Doctoral Program in Anthropological Sciences, Stony Brook University, New York, USA
Am J Primatol 74:471-81. 2012..Although these results suggest that females provide some information on ovulation, they also suggest that females attempt to confuse paternity, perhaps capitalizing on male differences in the ability to detect fertility...
- Primate life histories and dietary adaptations: a comparison of Asian colobines and macaquesCarola Borries
Department of Anthropology, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794 4364, USA
Am J Phys Anthropol 144:286-99. 2011..g., allomothering, dispersal). Our results emphasize the need for additional data from wild populations and for establishing whether growth data for provisioned animals (folivores in particular) are representative of wild ones...
- Transsphenoidal microsurgery for Cushing's disease: initial outcome and long-term resultsGary D Hammer
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0678, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:6348-57. 2004..These results suggest that patients with persistent Cushing's disease require early and aggressive intervention to attempt to prevent this excess mortality...
- Agonistic behavior and dominance relationships in female Phayre's leaf monkeys -- preliminary resultsAndreas Koenig
Department of Anthropology, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York 11794 4364, USA
Am J Primatol 64:351-7. 2004..The results contradict the suggested link between linearity of hierarchies and female philopatry. Future studies should consider the notion that female dispersal may coexist with linear dominance hierarchies...