William E Lowry
Affiliation: University of California
- Signaling in adult stem cellsWilliam E Lowry
Department of Molecular, Cell and Developmental Biology, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Front Biosci 12:3911-27. 2007....
- Roadblocks en route to the clinical application of induced pluripotent stem cellsWilliam E Lowry
Department of Molecular, Cell and Developmental Biology, 621 Charles Young Drive South, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Cell Sci 123:643-51. 2010..In this Essay, we discuss what we believe are important issues that should be considered when attempting to bring hiPSC-based technology to the clinic...
- Progress in understanding reprogramming to the induced pluripotent stateKathrin Plath
David Geffen School of Medicine, Department of Biological Chemistry, University of California Los Angeles, California, USA
Nat Rev Genet 12:253-65. 2011..To inform the next phase in understanding reprogramming, we review the latest findings, highlight ongoing debates and outline future challenges...
- Derivation of primordial germ cells from human embryonic and induced pluripotent stem cells is significantly improved by coculture with human fetal gonadal cellsTae Sub Park
Department of Molecular Cell and Developmental Biology, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Stem Cells 27:783-95. 2009....
- Directed differentiation of human-induced pluripotent stem cells generates active motor neuronsSaravanan Karumbayaram
Department of Neurology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California, USA
Stem Cells 27:806-11. 2009..These findings demonstrate the feasibility of using iPS-derived motor neuron progenitors and motor neurons in regenerative medicine applications and in vitro modeling of motor neuron diseases...
- Female human iPSCs retain an inactive X chromosomeJason Tchieu
Department of Biological Chemistry, Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, Molecular Biology Institute, David Geffen School of Medicine, and Eli and Edythe Broad Center of Regenerative Medicine and Stem Cell Research, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Cell Stem Cell 7:329-42. 2010....
- Defining the impact of beta-catenin/Tcf transactivation on epithelial stem cellsWilliam E Lowry
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Genes Dev 19:1596-611. 2005..We also show that these changes precede subsequent Wnt signals that impact on the TA progeny to specify the differentiation lineages of the follicle...