Jan T Lowery
Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Examining the challenges of family recruitment to behavioral intervention trials: factors associated with participation and enrollment in a multi-state colonoscopy intervention trialRebecca G Simmons
Huntsman Cancer Institute, 2000 Circle of Hope, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Trials 14:116. 2013..Furthermore, although use of cancer registries to identify initial cases has increased, to our knowledge no study has examined the relationship between registries and family recruitment outcomes...
- The Family Health Promotion Project (FHPP): design and baseline data from a randomized trial to increase colonoscopy screening in high risk familiesJan T Lowery
University of Colorado Cancer Center, Division of Cancer Prevention and Control, Aurora, CO 80045 0508, United States
Contemp Clin Trials 33:426-35. 2012....
- The impact of direct-to-consumer marketing of cancer genetic testing on women according to their genetic riskJan T Lowery
Department of Epidemiology, Colorado School of Public Health Denver, Aurora, Colorado 80045 0508, USA
Genet Med 10:888-94. 2008..To assess the impact of direct-to-consumer marketing for genetic testing among women of varying genetic risk for breast and ovarian cancer...
- A novel approach to increase awareness about hereditary colon cancer using a state cancer registryJan T Lowery
Colorado School of Public Health, Aurora, Colorado 80045 0508, USA
Genet Med 12:721-5. 2010..The aim of this project was to conduct educational outreach about hereditary colon cancer to a targeted high risk population identified through a state cancer registry...
- Complementary approaches to assessing risk factors for interval breast cancerJan T Lowery
Colorado School of Public Health, University of Colorado, Denver, CO, USA
Cancer Causes Control 22:23-31. 2011..To examine risk factors for interval breast cancer among women screened in a population-based mammography program...
- Differential expression of prognostic biomarkers between interval and screen-detected breast cancers: does age or family history matter?Jan T Lowery
Colorado School of Public Health, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045 0508, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 129:211-9. 2011..Future studies to confirm this finding and to elucidate novel markers for characterizing interval cancers may be more beneficial to this subgroup...