S R Lowenstein
Affiliation: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- Drugs and traffic crash responsibility: a study of injured motorists in ColoradoS R Lowenstein
Division of Emergency Medicine, Department of Surgery, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 E 9th Avenue, Box B215, Denver, CO 80262, USA
J Trauma 50:313-20. 2001..The objectives of this study are to determine the prevalence of recent drug use among drivers injured in traffic crashes, and to determine the extent to which drugs are responsible for crashes...
- Medical school faculty discontent: prevalence and predictors of intent to leave academic careersSteven R Lowenstein
Division of Emergency Medicine, Box B 215, University of Colorado School of Medicine, 4200 East Ninth Avenue, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
BMC Med Educ 7:37. 2007..Medical school faculty are less enthusiastic about their academic careers than ever before. In this study, we measured the prevalence and determinants of intent to leave academic medicine...
- Detection of injury-prone behaviors among internal medicine patientsD K Hunt
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver
J Gen Intern Med 7:573-82. 1992....
- Emergency contraception: what do our patients know?Jean Abbott
Division of Emergency Medicine, Department of Surgery, University of Colorado School of Medicine, USA
Ann Emerg Med 43:376-81. 2004..We perform this study to measure knowledge, attitudes, practices, and perceived needs about emergency contraception in a sample of women seeking emergency department (ED) care...
- A positive domestic violence screen predicts future domestic violenceDebra Houry
Emory University, Georgia, USA
J Interpers Violence 19:955-66. 2004..3 times more likely to experience physical violence and 7.3 times more likely to experience verbal aggression. The study's screen identified women at high risk for subsequent physical violence and verbal aggression...
- The effect of FDA approval of a generic competitor to OxyContin (oxycodone HCl controlled-release) tablets on the abuse of oxycodoneJ Elise Bailey
Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center, Denver Health, CO, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 84:182-7. 2006..These results did not vary when population rates or patient rates were used. PCC data indicate that approval of generic CR oxycodone was not followed by an immediate unfavorable effect on the misuse/abuse of oxycodone...