Tieraona Low Dog
Affiliation: University of Arizona
- Menopause: a review of botanical dietary supplementsTieraona Low Dog
Program in Integrative Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, Arizona, USA
Am J Med 118:98-108. 2005..Dong quai, ginseng extract, and evening primrose seed oil appear to be ineffective in ameliorating menopausal symptoms at the dosages and in the preparations used in these studies...
- Complementary, holistic, and integrative medicine: advice for clinicians on herbs and breastfeedingKatarzyna Budzynska
Section of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Pediatr Rev 34:343-52; quiz 352-3. 2013..It is critical that more research is conducted in this area, including national prevalence studies and safety and efficacy studies...
- Systematic review of breastfeeding and herbsKatarzyna Budzynska
Section of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Breastfeed Med 7:489-503. 2012..The purpose of this study was to systematically review the clinical literature on herbal medicine and lactation...
- The role of nutrition in mental healthTieraona Low Dog
Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine at University of Arizona, Tucson, USA
Altern Ther Health Med 16:42-6. 2010..A future article on the topic of nutrition and mental health will address the role of nutraceuticals and herbal medicines in mental health...
- The use of botanicals during pregnancy and lactationTieraona Low Dog
Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine, University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, Tucson, USA
Altern Ther Health Med 15:54-8. 2009....
- United States Pharmacopeia review of the black cohosh case reports of hepatotoxicityGail B Mahady
USP Dietary Supplements Information Expert Committee DSI EC, US Pharmacopeia, Rockville, MD, USA
Menopause 15:628-38. 2008..In response, the Dietary Supplement Information Expert Committee of the US Pharmacopeia's Council of Experts reviewed safety information for black cohosh products...
- Safety of green tea extracts : a systematic review by the US PharmacopeiaDandapantula N Sarma
US Pharmacopeia, Rockville, Maryland 20852 1790, USA
Drug Saf 31:469-84. 2008..Following this decision, USP's DSI ECs may develop monographs for green tea extracts, and USP may offer its verification programmes related to that dietary ingredient...
- Toward optimal health: menopause as a rite of passage. Interview by Jodi R. GodfreyTieraona Low Dog
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 17:509-14. 2008
- The role of complementary and alternative medicine during the menopausal transitionTieraona Low Dog
Menopause 14:347-9. 2007
- The wonder of plants. Interview by Bonnie J HorriganTieraona Low Dog
Explore (NY) 1:292-8. 2005
- Management of hyperlipidemiaTieraona Low Dog
Altern Ther Health Med 9:28-40; quiz 41. 2003