Carissa A Low
Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Association between C-reactive protein and depressive symptoms in women with rheumatoid arthritisCarissa A Low
Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, University of Pittsburgh, 3811 O Hara Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Biol Psychol 81:131-4. 2009..24). CRP was not significantly associated with negative mood symptoms of depression. Findings suggest that depression in the context of RA may result from the overlap of somatic depressive and RA symptoms rather than neuroimmune pathways...
- Chronic life stress, cardiovascular reactivity, and subclinical cardiovascular disease in adolescentsCarissa A Low
Departments of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Psychosom Med 71:927-31. 2009..To examine cross-sectional and longitudinal relationships between chronic life stress, cardiovascular reactivity, and a marker of subclinical cardiovascular disease in a multiethnic sample of adolescents...
- Psychosocial factors in the development of heart disease in women: current research and future directionsCarissa A Low
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh, 3811 O Hara Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Psychosom Med 72:842-54. 2010..To review the recent (1995-2009) literature on psychosocial risk and protective factors for coronary heart disease (CHD) among women, including negative emotions, stress, social relationships, and positive psychological factors...
- Psychosocial predictors of coronary artery calcification progression in postmenopausal womenCarissa A Low
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Psychosom Med 73:789-94. 2011..The goal of this study was to determine whether positive and negative psychosocial factors prospectively predict CAC progression in postmenopausal women...
- Negative affective responses to a speech task predict changes in interleukin (IL)-6Judith E Carroll
Behavioral Immunology Laboratory, Department of Psychology, University of Pittsburgh, USA
Brain Behav Immun 25:232-8. 2011....