Kimberly M Lovett
Affiliation: University of California
- Online, direct-to-consumer access to insulin: patient safety considerations and reformKimberly M Lovett
Kaiser Permanente, San Diego, CA, USA
J Diabetes Sci Technol 6:1503-6. 2012....
- Evaluating the evidence: direct-to-consumer screening tests advertised onlineKimberly M Lovett
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, San Diego, CA, USA
J Med Screen 19:141-53. 2012..The objective of this study is to identify the scope of online-advertised DTC screening tests, outline the evidence for use of available DTC testing and suggest regulatory reform to address the relevant issues...
- Quality care opportunities: refining physician performance measurement in ambulatory careKimberly M Lovett
Southern California Permanente Medical Group Family Medicine, 1630 E Main St, El Cajon, CA 92012, USA
Am J Manag Care 18:e212-6. 2012....
- Risks of online advertisement of direct-to-consumer thermography for breast cancer screeningKimberly M Lovett
Institute of Health Law Studies, California Western School of Law and the San Diego Center for Patient Safety, University of California San Diego School of Medicine, CA 92103, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 11:827-8. 2011..Regulatory action should be taken against companies who continue to mislead the public to ensure patient safety and evidence-based public health information...
- Illegal "no prescription" internet access to narrow therapeutic index drugsBryan A Liang
Institute of Health Law Studies, California Western School of Law, San Diego, CA 92101, USA
Clin Ther 35:694-700. 2013..However, safe use may be compromised by unsupervised switching through access to online "no prescription" Web sites...