James W Loughead
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Effect of abstinence challenge on brain function and cognition in smokers differs by COMT genotypeJ Loughead
Brain Behavior Laboratory, Division of Neuropsychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Mol Psychiatry 14:820-6. 2009..Exploration of the effects of COMT inhibitors as a possible smoking cessation aid in this group may be warranted...
- Brain activation during autobiographical relationship episode narratives: a core conflictual relationship theme approachJames W Loughead
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Gates Building, 10th Floor, 3400 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Psychother Res 20:321-36. 2010..This suggests that brain systems subserving memory processes are more active when recalling relationship episodes with greater CCRT content...
- Telling truth from lie in individual subjects with fast event-related fMRIDaniel D Langleben
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Hum Brain Mapp 26:262-72. 2005..Salience of the task cues is a potential confounding factor in the fMRI pattern attributed to deception in forced choice deception paradigms...
- Reduced prefrontal and temporal processing and recall of high "sensation value" adsDaniel D Langleben
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 3900 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Neuroimage 46:219-25. 2009..These findings demonstrate the potential of using neuroimaging in the design and evaluation of mass media public health communications...
- Neural substrates for functionally discriminating self-face from personally familiar facesSteven M Platek
Department of Psychology, Drexel University, and Department of Psychiatry, Brain Behavior Laboratory, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Hum Brain Mapp 27:91-8. 2006....
- Baby schema modulates the brain reward system in nulliparous womenMelanie L Glocker
Brain Behavior Laboratory, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:9115-9. 2009..Our findings suggest that engagement of the mesocorticolimbic system is the neurophysiologic mechanism by which baby schema promotes human caregiving, regardless of kinship...
- Human Mu Opioid Receptor (OPRM1 A118G) polymorphism is associated with brain mu-opioid receptor binding potential in smokersRiju Ray
Center for Interdisciplinary Research on Nicotine Addiction, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:9268-73. 2011..Future translational investigations can elucidate the role of MORs in nicotine addiction, which may lead to development of novel therapeutics...
- Age-related differences in brain activation during emotional face processingFaith M Gunning-Dixon
Department of Psychiatry and Radiology, Section of Neuropsychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Neurobiol Aging 24:285-95. 2003..The results of this study suggest that older adults may rely on different cortical networks to perceive emotional facial expressions than do their younger counterparts...