Shannon M Looney
Affiliation: University of Tennessee
- Are changes in consumption of "healthy" foods related to changes in consumption of "unhealthy" foods during pediatric obesity treatment?Shannon M Looney
Department of Nutrition, University of Tennessee, 229 Jessie Harris Building, 1215 West Cumberland Avenue, Knoxville, TN 37996, USA
Int J Environ Res Public Health 9:1368-78. 2012..Changing only FVs, as compared to changing other dietary behaviors, during a pediatric obesity intervention may not assist with reducing energy intake...
- Impact of portion size and energy density on snack intake in preschool-aged childrenShannon M Looney
Department of Nutrition, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37996 1920, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 111:414-8. 2011..Results indicate increased energy intake when snacks are offered in larger portion size, regardless of energy density. Snack portion size may be an environmental strategy that can reduce excessive energy intake in children...
- The effects of an energy density prescription on diet quality and weight loss: a pilot randomized controlled trialHollie A Raynor
Department of Nutrition, University of Tennessee, 1215 W Cumberland Ave, JHB 341, Knoxville, TN 37996 1920, USA
J Acad Nutr Diet 112:1397-402. 2012..5±7.0 lb, Low-Energy, Low-Fat -16.9±10.1 lb, and Low-ED, Low-Energy, Low-Fat -12.5± 6.5 lb). A diet prescription that lowered ED increased fruit intake and enhanced weight loss compared with other weight loss prescriptions...
- Incorporating the life course model into MCH nutrition leadership education and training programsBetsy Haughton
Department of Nutrition, University of Tennessee, 1215 W Cumberland Avenue, Knoxville, TN 36996 1920, USA
Matern Child Health J 17:136-46. 2013..Multiple methods for incorporating the LCM into MCH training and practice are warranted. Challenges to incorporating include the need for research and related policy development...
- Dietary energy density and successful weight loss maintenanceHollie A Raynor
Department of Nutrition, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, 1215 W Cumberland Ave, JHB 229, Knoxville, TN 37996, USA
Eat Behav 12:119-25. 2011....