Affiliation: University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Increased lung cancer mortality among chrysotile asbestos textile workers is more strongly associated with exposure to long thin fibresDana Loomis
Department of Epidemiology, College of Public Health, 984395 University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198, USA
Occup Environ Med 69:564-8. 2012..Animal data and physical models suggest that the carcinogenicity of asbestos fibres is related to their size and shape...
- Exposure to arsenic in drinking water is associated with increased prevalence of diabetes: a cross-sectional study in the Zimapán and Lagunera regions in MexicoLuz M Del Razo
Departamento de Toxicologia, Centro de Investigacion y de Estudios Avanzados del Instituto Politecnico Nacional, Mexico DF, Mexico
Environ Health 10:73. 2011..Our study examined associations between chronic exposure to iAs in drinking water, metabolism of iAs, and prevalence of diabetes in arsenicosis-endemic areas of Mexico...
- Lung cancer mortality in North Carolina and South Carolina chrysotile asbestos textile workersLeslie Elliott
Department of Epidemiology, College of Public Health, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Occup Environ Med 69:385-90. 2012..The authors conducted pooled analyses of the cohorts and investigated the exposure-disease relationship using uniform cohort inclusion criteria and statistical methods...
- Area-based socioeconomic characteristics of industries at high risk for violence in the workplaceMyduc L Ta
Department of Epidemiology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Campus Box 7435, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7435, USA
Am J Community Psychol 44:249-60. 2009..Community characteristics therefore contribute to the potential for workplace violence, and future research should continue to understand the relationship between social context and workplace violence risk...
- Progression of self-reported symptoms in laboratory animal allergyLeslie Elliott
Department of Epidemiology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7435, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 116:127-32. 2005..Laboratory animal allergy is a common illness among workers exposed to laboratory animals and can progress to symptoms of asthma...
- Risk factors for injury among high school football playersSarah B Knowles
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, School of Public Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Epidemiology 20:302-10. 2009..Prior research has described a higher rate of injury among high school football players than in other sports, but few studies have examined potential predictors while controlling for other risk factors...