J T Lonergan
Affiliation: University of California
- Hyperlactatemia and hepatic abnormalities in 10 human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients receiving nucleoside analogue combination regimensJ T Lonergan
University of California San Diego Medical Center, San Diego, CA, 92103, USA
Clin Infect Dis 31:162-6. 2000....
- Lack of recurrence of hyperlactatemia in HIV-infected patients switched from stavudine to abacavir or zidovudineJ Tyler Lonergan
Department of Medicine, Owen Clinic University of California at San Diego Medical Center, 92103, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 36:935-42. 2004....
- Impact of long-term treatment with neurotoxic dideoxynucleoside antiretrovirals: implications for clinical care in resource-limited settingsC F Hung
University of California, San Diego, CA, USA
HIV Med 9:731-7. 2008..Therefore, we evaluated the safety of continuing d-drug therapy...
- Pancreatitis with didanosine and tenofovir disoproxil fumarate [corrected]Jennifer N Blanchard
Division of General Internal Medicine, University of California, San Diego Medical Center, 92103 8681, USA
Clin Infect Dis 37:e57-62. 2003..Four cases of pancreatitis that occurred during administration of this drug combination are examined, including 1 that resulted in death...
- Safety and efficacy of switching to alternative nucleoside analogues following symptomatic hyperlactatemia and lactic acidosisJ Tyler Lonergan
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego Medical Center, 92103 8681, USA
AIDS 17:2495-9. 2003..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of rechallenging patients who have recovered from nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NRTI)-induced symptomatic hyperlactatemia or lactic acidosis with alternative NRTI-containing regimens...
- Improvement in lipoatrophy associated with highly active antiretroviral therapy in human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients switched from stavudine to abacavir or zidovudine: the results of the TARHEEL studyGrace A McComsey
Case Western Reserve, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Clin Infect Dis 38:263-70. 2004..HIV suppression was maintained over the study period. In conclusion, replacing stavudine with abacavir or zidovudine resulted in improvement in stavudine-induced lipoatrophy...
- Improvements in lipoatrophy, mitochondrial DNA levels and fat apoptosis after replacing stavudine with abacavir or zidovudineGrace A McComsey
Rainbow Babies and Children s Hospital bCase School of Medicine Center for AIDS Research, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
AIDS 19:15-23. 2005..As apoptosis and dysfunction of electron transport chain (ETC) activities may underlie mitochondrial toxicity, these parameters were also evaluated...
- Mitochondrial dysfunction: patient monitoring and toxicity managementGrace McComsey
Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 37:S30-5. 2004..This may allow prompt discontinuation of the causative agent(s) and initiation of appropriate therapeutic measures, thereby increasing the chances of reversibility of the syndrome...