Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Two isoforms of the mouse ether-a-go-go-related gene coassemble to form channels with properties similar to the rapidly activating component of the cardiac delayed rectifier K+ currentB London
Division of Cardiology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, PA 15213 2582, USA
Circ Res 81:870-8. 1997..This N-terminal Erg isoform may determine the properties of IKr and contribute to the pathogenesis of LQTS...
- The transient outward current in mice lacking the potassium channel gene Kv1.4B London
Division of Cardiology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Physiol 509:171-82. 1998..6. Western blot analysis of heart membrane extracts showed no significant upregulation of the Kv4 subfamily of channels in the targeted mice. 7. Thus, Kv1.4 is not the molecular basis of Ito in adult murine ventricular myocytes...
- Targeted replacement of KV1.5 in the mouse leads to loss of the 4-aminopyridine-sensitive component of I(K,slow) and resistance to drug-induced qt prolongationB London
Cardiovascular Institute, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Circ Res 88:940-6. 2001..1 may explain the phenotypic differences between SWAP mice and the previously described transgenic mice expressing a truncated dominant-negative Kv1.1 construct...
- Long QT and ventricular arrhythmias in transgenic mice expressing the N terminus and first transmembrane segment of a voltage-gated potassium channelB London
Division of Cardiology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:2926-31. 1998..These changes correlate with a marked decrease in the level of Kv1.5 polypeptide. Thus, overexpression of a truncated K+ channel in the heart alters native K+ channel expression and has profound effects on cardiac excitability...
- N-(6-chloro-pyridin-3-yl)-3,4-difluoro-benzamide (ICA-27243): a novel, selective KCNQ2/Q3 potassium channel activatorA D Wickenden
Icagen, Inc, 4222 Emperor Blvd, Durham, NC 27703, USA
Mol Pharmacol 73:977-86. 2008..In conclusion, ICA-27243 represents the first member of a novel chemical class of selective KCNQ2/Q3 activators with anticonvulsant-like activity in experimental models of epilepsy...
- Myocarditis following adeno-associated viral gene expression of human soluble TNF receptor (TNFRII-Fc) in baboon heartsC F McTiernan
Cardiovascular Institute, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Gene Ther 14:1613-22. 2007..Thus, a cellular immune response to cardiac delivery of AAV encoding foreign proteins may be an important consideration for AAV-based cardiac gene therapy...
- Cardiovascular tissues contain independent circadian clocksA J Davidson
Department of Biology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22904 4328, USA
Clin Exp Hypertens 27:307-11. 2005..However, phase relationships among tissues were consistent across culture times; this suggests diversity in circadian regulation among components of the cardiovascular system...
- Dominant-negative subunits reveal potassium channel families that contribute to M-like potassium currentsA A Selyanko
Department of Pharmacology, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 22:RC212. 2002..This experimental approach should therefore be useful in delineating the contributions of members of these two gene families to K+ currents in other cells...
- Impairment of hypoxic pulmonary vasoconstriction in mice lacking the voltage-gated potassium channel Kv1.5S L Archer
Vascular Biology Group, Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of Alberta, Alberta, Canada
FASEB J 15:1801-3. 2001
- Pharmacogenetic interactions between beta-blocker therapy and the angiotensin-converting enzyme deletion polymorphism in patients with congestive heart failureD M McNamara
Cardiovascular Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Circulation 103:1644-8. 2001....
- Inducible polymorphic ventricular tachyarrhythmias in a transgenic mouse model with a long Q-T phenotypeA Jeron
Cardiovascular Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 278:H1891-8. 2000....
- Molecular basis of transient outward K+ current diversity in mouse ventricular myocytesW Guo
Department of Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Physiol 521:587-99. 1999..4 protein expression, suggesting that the upregulation of Kv1.4 underlies the observed electrical remodeling in Kv4.2W362F-expressing transgenics...
- Two types of K(+) channel subunit, Erg1 and KCNQ2/3, contribute to the M-like current in a mammalian neuronal cellA A Selyanko
Department of Pharmacology, University College London, London, WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 19:7742-56. 1999..Thus, the channels generating M-like currents in different cells may be heterogeneous in molecular composition...
- Cloning and characterization of an olfactory cyclic nucleotide-gated channel expressed in mouse heartM L Ruiz
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 28:1453-61. 1996..Part of this work was presented in abstract form...