Affiliation: University of Texas at Dallas
- Social investment and personality: a meta-analysis of the relationship of personality traits to investment in work, family, religion, and volunteerismJennifer Lodi-Smith
University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign, IL, USA
Pers Soc Psychol Rev 11:68-86. 2007..These findings are more robust when individuals are psychologically committed to rather than simply demographically associated with the investment role...
- Narrating personality changeJennifer Lodi-Smith
Department of Psychology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, IL, USA
J Pers Soc Psychol 96:679-89. 2009..These findings improve our understanding of how individuals conceptualize their changing identity over time...
- Mechanisms of health: Education and health-related behaviours partially mediate the relationship between conscientiousness and self-reported physical healthJennifer Lodi-Smith
Center for BrainHealth, University of Texas at Dallas, Dallas, 75235, USA
Psychol Health 25:305-19. 2010..The findings suggest conscientiousness predicts health through a diverse set of mechanisms including, but not limited to, educational attainment and health-related behaviours...
- Getting to know me: social role experiences and age differences in self-concept clarity during adulthoodJennifer Lodi-Smith
Center for BrainHealth, University of Texas at Dallas, Dallas, TX 75223, USA
J Pers 78:1383-410. 2010..In addition, annual income and health-related social role limitations mediated age differences in self-concept clarity. Findings are discussed in terms of modern theories of identity development...
- Concurrent and prospective relationships between social engagement and personality traits in older adulthoodJennifer Lodi-Smith
Department of Psychology, Canisius College, Buffalo, NY, USA
Psychol Aging 27:720-7. 2012..These patterns suggest that personality traits can both inform our understanding of engagement during older adulthood and that personality traits may be meaningful outcomes of the aging experience in their own right...
- Not all conscientiousness scales change alike: a multimethod, multisample study of age differences in the facets of conscientiousnessJoshua J Jackson
Department of Psychology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Champaign, IL 61820, USA
J Pers Soc Psychol 96:446-59. 2009..In contrast, age differences in observer-rated personality occurred mainly in older adulthood. Age differences held across both ethnicity and levels of socioeconomic status...