- A first examination of the relationships between primed subconscious goals, assigned conscious goals, and task performance
Alexander D Stajkovic
Department of Management and Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI, USA
J Appl Psychol 91:1172-80. 2006
..The effects of conscious difficult and do-best goals were enhanced by subconscious goals, although conscious easy goals were not affected. All effects from the main study still held after 1 day...
- The dead end of postmodernism
Edwin A Locke
University of Maryland, USA
Am Psychol 57:458. 2002
- Building a practically useful theory of goal setting and task motivation. A 35-year odyssey
Edwin A Locke
R H Smith School of Business, University of Maryland, USA
Am Psychol 57:705-17. 2002
..The relationships of goal setting to other theories are described as are the theory's limitations...
- The relationship of entrepreneurial traits, skill, and motivation to subsequent venture growth
J Robert Baum
Department of Management and Organization, University of Maryland, College Park 20742, USA
J Appl Psychol 89:587-98. 2004
..Furthermore, communicated vision and self-efficacy were related to goals, and tenacity was related to new resource skill...
- Negative self-efficacy and goal effects revisited
Department of Psychology, Stanford University, California 94305 2130, USA
J Appl Psychol 88:87-99. 2003
..B. Vancouver, C. M. Thompson, & A. A. Williams, 2001; J. B. Vancouver, C. M. Thompson, E. C. Tischner, & D. J. Putka 2002) that belief in one's capabilities and personal goals is self-debilitating...
- Goal-directedness and personal identity as correlates of life outcomes
Barry M Goldman
Department of Management and Policy, University of Arizona, Tucson 85721, USA
Psychol Rep 91:153-66. 2002
..Further, personal identity was positively related to job satisfaction but, contrary to related research, goal-directedness did not predict job satisfaction...
- Core self-evaluations and job and life satisfaction: the role of self-concordance and goal attainment
Timothy A Judge
Department of Management, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
J Appl Psychol 90:257-68. 2005
..Furthermore, in both studies, goal self-concordance was related to satisfaction (job satisfaction in Study 1 and life satisfaction in Study 2)...