Ricardo V Lloyd
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Chu Y, Lloyd R. Medullary Thyroid Carcinoma: Recent Advances Including MicroRNA Expression. Endocr Pathol. 2016;27:312-324 pubmed..Multiple miRNA deregulations have been discovered in MTC with potential prognostic and therapeutic implications. This review provides an overview of the basic pathology of MTC and an update on recent investigational progress. ..
- Zhang R, Hardin H, Huang W, Chen J, Asioli S, Righi A, et al. MALAT1 Long Non-coding RNA Expression in Thyroid Tissues: Analysis by In Situ Hybridization and Real-Time PCR. Endocr Pathol. 2017;28:7-12 pubmed publisher..Our findings support the notion that ATCs may be molecularly distinct from low-grade thyroid malignancies and suggest that MALAT1 may function both as an oncogene and as a tumor suppressor in different types of thyroid tumors. ..
- Covach A, Patel S, Hardin H, Lloyd R. Phosphorylated Mechanistic Target of Rapamycin (p-mTOR) and Noncoding RNA Expression in Follicular and Hürthle Cell Thyroid Neoplasm. Endocr Pathol. 2017;28:207-212 pubmed publisher..P-mTOR was most highly expressed in FTC but was also increased in HCC, suggesting that drugs targeting this pathway may be useful for treatment of tumors unresponsive to conventional therapies. ..
- Mandal R, Hardin H, Baus R, Rehrauer W, Lloyd R. Analysis of miR-96 and miR-133a Expression in Gastrointestinal Neuroendocrine Neoplasms. Endocr Pathol. 2017;28:345-350 pubmed publisher..The study suggests that analysis of these two microRNAs by qRT-PCR may be useful in detecting more aggressive GI-NENs and that ISH analysis may also assist in the evaluation of patients with GI-NENs. ..
- Xu J, Hardin H, Zhang R, Sundling K, Buehler D, Lloyd R. Stage-Specific Embryonic Antigen-1 (SSEA-1) Expression in Thyroid Tissues. Endocr Pathol. 2016;27:271-275 pubmed..SSEA-1 is a marker that detects malignant thyroid neoplasms in formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded thyroid tissue sections and may be a useful marker for thyroid cancer stem-like cells. ..
- Chu Y, Hardin H, Schneider D, Chen H, Lloyd R. MicroRNA-21 and long non-coding RNA MALAT1 are overexpressed markers in medullary thyroid carcinoma. Exp Mol Pathol. 2017;103:229-236 pubmed publisher..This study examines the expression of microRNA-21 (miR-21) and lncRNA MALAT1 in medullary thyroid carcinomas (MTCs) and their effects on tumor behavior...
- Matson D, Hardin H, Buehler D, Lloyd R. AKT activity is elevated in aggressive thyroid neoplasms where it promotes proliferation and invasion. Exp Mol Pathol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..A reduction in invasion was also observed in the cancer stem cell compartment. Targeting AKT activity in the clinical setting may slow the growth and spread of aggressive thyroid neoplasms, and target the tumor stem cell compartment...