Britt Marie E Ljung
Affiliation: University of California
- Thyroid fine-needle aspiration: smears versus liquid-based preparationsBritt Marie Ljung
Department of Pathology, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94115, USA
Cancer 114:144-8. 2008
- Breast tumor copy number aberration phenotypes and genomic instabilityJane Fridlyand
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of California San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
BMC Cancer 6:96. 2006..g. those involved in mitosis, replication, repair, and telomeres) are rarely mutated in chromosomally unstable sporadic tumors, even though such mutations are associated with some heritable cancer prone syndromes...
- Training, credentialing and re-credentialing for the performance of a thyroid FNA: a synopsis of the National Cancer Institute Thyroid Fine-Needle Aspiration State of the Science ConferenceBritt Marie E Ljung
Department of Pathology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 1785, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 36:400-6. 2008..http://thyroidfna.cancer.gov/pages/info/agenda/)..
- Ductal lavage in patients undergoing mastectomy for mammary carcinoma: a correlative studyEdi Brogi
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Cancer 98:2170-6. 2003..Ductal lavage (DL) is a new method for the sampling of breast epithelium. Data regarding its sensitivity in the detection of epithelial abnormalities, including carcinoma in situ (CIS), remains limited...
- Characteristics associated with recurrence among women with ductal carcinoma in situ treated by lumpectomyKarla Kerlikowske
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 95:1692-702. 2003..We identified factors associated with recurrence as DCIS versus invasive breast cancer and determined the 5-year absolute risks of recurrence as a function of these factors...
- Cytology of ductal lavage fluid of the breastBritt Marie Ljung
Cancer Center, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 1710, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 30:143-50. 2004..The similarity of the cytology of ductal lavage fluid to nipple aspirate fluid strongly suggests that these specimens will also be useful for predicting breast cancer risk...
- Evaluation of abnormal mammography results and palpable breast abnormalitiesKarla Kerlikowske
University of California, San Francisco, General Internal Medicine Section, Department of Veterans Affairs, San Francisco, California 94121, USA
Ann Intern Med 139:274-84. 2003....
- The gene expression signatures of melanoma progressionChristopher Haqq
Auerback Melanoma Research Laboratory, Melanoma Center and Department of Dermatology, Cutaneous Oncology Program, University of California at San Francisco UCSF Comprehensive Cancer Center, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:6092-7. 2005..The gene expression signatures identified here provide the basis for developing new diagnostics and targeting therapies for patients with malignant melanoma...
- Fluorescence in situ hybridization of ductal lavage samples identifies malignant phenotypes from cytologically normal cells in women with breast cancerKelly M Adduci
Department of Surgery, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0808, USA
Cancer 111:185-91. 2007..For this study, the authors asked whether molecular analyses of DL specimens from women with cancer would identify abnormal cells, even if they appeared cytologically normal...
- Pancreatoblastoma in an adult: case report and review of the literatureSupriya Rajpal
University of California, San Francisco, Comprehensive Cancer Center, San Francisco, California 94115, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 10:829-36. 2006..In addition, our case demonstrates that pancreatoblastomas can be alpha-fetoprotein producing, hormone producing, and enzyme producing when it occurs in adults...
- Aberrations of breast cancer susceptibility genes occur early in sporadic breast tumors and in acquisition of breast epithelial immortalizationZhen Hang Meng
California Pacific Medical Center, San Francisco, California 94115, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 41:214-22. 2004..The intimate role of these genes in DNA repair and their early deletion has implications for the possible transforming effects of DNA-damaging agents on unexcised breast tissue harboring LOHint within breast cancer patients...
- Increased risk of local recurrence is associated with allelic loss in normal lobules of breast cancer patientsZheng Li
Geraldine Brush Cancer Research Institute, California Pacific Medical Center, San Francisco, California 94115, USA
Cancer Res 62:1000-3. 2002..These data provide a strong rationale to assess histologically normal breast tissue at the margins of surgically excised cancers for molecular predictors of local recurrence after breast-conserving treatment...
- In situ analyses of genome instability in breast cancerKoei Chin
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California San Francisco, California, USA
Nat Genet 36:984-8. 2004..Taken together, the data suggest that transition through telomere crisis and immortalization in breast cancer occurs during progression from usual ductal hyperplasia to ductal carcinoma in situ...
- Does routine consultation of thyroid fine-needle aspiration cytology change surgical management?Yah Y Tan
Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 1674, USA
J Am Coll Surg 205:8-12. 2007..We sought to determine the concordance rates between FNA interpretations at referring institutions and our center to determine if they alter surgical management...
- Patterns of chromosomal alterations in breast ductal carcinoma in situE Shelley Hwang
Department of Surgery, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94115, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:5160-7. 2004..Genomic changes specific to pure DCIS versus invasive cancer, as well as alterations unique to individual DCIS subtypes, have not been fully defined...