Affiliation: University of Florida
- The temporal-spatial encoding of acupuncture effects in the brainWei Qin
Medical Image Processing Group, Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, 100190, China
Mol Pain 7:19. 2011..Functional acupoint specificity is crucial to the clinical efficacy of acupuncture treatment, such as pain relief. Whether acupuncture needling at a peripheral acupoint produces distinct patterns of brain responses remains controversial...
- Acupuncture modulates temporal neural responses in wide brain networks: evidence from fMRI studyLijun Bai
Medical Image Processing Group, Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100190, China
Mol Pain 6:73. 2010....
- FMRI connectivity analysis of acupuncture effects on an amygdala-associated brain networkWei Qin
Medical Image Processing Group, Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, PR China
Mol Pain 4:55. 2008..Recently, increasing evidence has indicated that the primary acupuncture effects are mediated by the central nervous system. However, specific brain networks underpinning these effects remain unclear...
- The temporal response of the brain after eating revealed by functional MRIY Liu
Department of Psychiatry and Brain Institute, University of Florida, Gainesville 32610, USA
Nature 405:1058-62. 2000..Moreover, this study provides a neuroimaging basis for detecting dynamic processes without prior knowledge of their timing, such as the acute effects of medication and nutrition in the brain...
- Food addiction and obesity: evidence from bench to bedsideYijun Liu
Division of Global Tobacco, Alcohol, Obesity and Health Research, University of Florida, Department of Psychiatry and McKnight Brain Institute, PO Box 100256, Gainesville, FL 32610 0256, USA
J Psychoactive Drugs 42:133-45. 2010..The acquired drive for great food and relative weakness of the satiety signal would cause an imbalance between the drive and hunger/reward centers in the brain and their regulation...
- Sylvian fissure morphology in Prader-Willi syndrome and early-onset morbid obesityJennifer L Miller
Departments of Pediatrics, University of Florida, College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida 32610 0296, USA
Genet Med 9:536-43. 2007..We hypothesized that similar perisylvian abnormalities may exist in both disorders...
- Enhanced activation of reward mediating prefrontal regions in response to food stimuli in Prader-Willi syndromeJennifer L Miller
Department of Pediatrics, University of Florida, College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida, USA
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 78:615-9. 2007..We hypothesised that the abnormal appetite in PWS results from aberrant reward processing of food stimuli in these neural pathways...
- Pituitary abnormalities in Prader-Willi syndrome and early onset morbid obesityJennifer L Miller
Department of Pediatrics, University of Florida, College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida 32610 0296, USA
Am J Med Genet A 146:570-7. 2008....
- Investigating the effects of low dose alcohol on neural timing using functional MRINelson J Klahr
Department of Psychiatry and McKnight Brain Institute, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610 0256, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 34:1045-52. 2011..To examine human brain function related to the perception of short time intervals before and after ingesting a low dosage of alcohol (0.25 g/kg)...
- Early childhood obesity is associated with compromised cerebellar developmentJennifer L Miller
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, University of Florida, College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida 32610 0296, USA
Dev Neuropsychol 34:272-83. 2009..PWS and controls vs. EMO). As both conditions are characterized by early-onset obesity and slowed cognitive development, these results raise the possibility that early childhood obesity retards both cerebellar and cognitive development...
- Interaction of satiety and reward response to food stimulationG Andrew James
University of Florida College of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, Gainesville, FL 32610-0256, USA
J Addict Dis 23:23-37. 2004..We review the interaction between central satiety signals and reward responses to food stimuli and discuss the implications of this research for understanding the causes of obesity...
- Mapping a multidimensional emotion in response to television commercialsJon D Morris
College of Journalism and Communications, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32611, USA
Hum Brain Mapp 30:789-96. 2009..These findings suggest a dimensional approach of constructing emotional changes in the brain and provide a better understanding of human behavior in response to advertising stimuli...
- Obesity in China: what are the causes?Karen M von Deneen
Life Sciences Research Center, School of Life Sciences and Technology, Xidian University
Curr Pharm Des 17:1132-9. 2011..We attempt to discuss obesity issues particularly in the Han Chinese population ranging from children, adolescents, adults to geriatrics...
- Dissociated responses in the amygdala and orbitofrontal cortex to bottom-up and top-down components of emotional evaluationPaul Wright
Department of Psychiatry, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, USA
Neuroimage 39:894-902. 2008..Activation of ventromedial prefrontal cortex and modulation of amygdalar response were not observed, and future studies may investigate whether these effects are contingent upon anticipation or cognitive set...
- Intracranial abnormalities detected by three-dimensional magnetic resonance imaging in Prader-Willi syndromeJennifer L Miller
Department of Pediatrics, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610 0296, USA
Am J Med Genet A 143:476-83. 2007..The specific mechanisms underlying these neuropathological abnormalities and their correlation with the clinical phenotype remain to be elucidated...
- Food addiction and neuroimagingYi Zhang
Department of Psychiatry, McKnight Brain Institute, University of Florida, 100 Newell Drive, PO Box 100256, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Curr Pharm Des 17:1149-57. 2011....
- A full-size MRI-compatible keyboard response systemGeorge Andrew James
Department of Neuroscience, University of Florida, 100 S Newell Drive L4 100, PO Box 100256, Gainesville, FL 32610 0256, USA
Neuroimage 25:328-31. 2005..Implementing this MRI-compatible keyboard allows the collection of motor responses from complex manual behaviors (i.e., typing) and thus represents a valuable tool for functional MRI (fMRI) studies...
- Top-down regulation of default mode activity in spatial visual attentionXiaotong Wen
J Crayton Pruitt Family Department of Biomedical Engineering and Department of Psychiatry and McKnight Brain Institute, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, 32611, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Peking University, Beijing, China, 100871, College of Information Science and Technology and National Key Laboratory of Cognitive Neuroscience and Learning, Beijing Normal University, Beijing, China, 100875
J Neurosci 33:6444-53. 2013....
- Reward circuitry dopaminergic activation regulates food and drug craving behaviorKenneth Blum
Department of Psychiatry, and McKnight Brain Institute, University of Florida, College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida, USA
Curr Pharm Des 17:1158-67. 2011..Finally, utilizing the long term dopaminergic activation approach will ultimately lead to a common safe and effective modality to treat RDS behaviors including aberrant food and drug craving behaviors...
- Causal interactions in attention networks predict behavioral performanceXiaotong Wen
J Crayton Pruitt Family Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32611, USA
J Neurosci 32:1284-92. 2012....
- Neurocognitive findings in Prader-Willi syndrome and early-onset morbid obesityJennifer Miller
Department of Pediatrics and the Center for Mammalian Genetics, University of Florida, College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida 32610-0296, USA
J Pediatr 149:192-8. 2006..Both EMO and PWS subjects have white matter lesions on brain MRI that have not previously been described...
- Neutral faces activate the amygdala during identity matchingPaul Wright
Department of Psychiatry, McKnight Brain Institute, University of Florida, 100 Newell Drive, PO Box 100256, Gainesville, 32610-0256, USA
Neuroimage 29:628-36. 2006..We concluded that the amygdalar response to face matching is driven at least in part by relevance detection, independent of emotion processing, although there appears to be additional emotion-specific processing at the left amygdala...
- Detecting directional influence in fMRI connectivity analysis using PCA based Granger causalityZhenyu Zhou
Pediatric Brain Imaging Laboratory, Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Brain Res 1289:22-9. 2009..These results indicate that using PCA may improve upon application of existing GCMs in study of human brain effective connectivity...
- Brain activation by disgust-inducing pictures in obsessive-compulsive disorderNathan A Shapira
Department of Psychiatry, College of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, USA
Biol Psychiatry 54:751-6. 2003....
- Modulation of neural connectivity during tongue movement and readingAlex G He
Department of Psychiatry and McKnight Brain Institute, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
Hum Brain Mapp 18:222-32. 2003....
- Arithmetic processing in the brain shaped by culturesYiyuan Tang
Institute of Neuroinformatics and Laboratory for Brain and Mind, Dalian University of Technology, Dalian 116023, China
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:10775-80. 2006....
- Voxel-based morphometry study on brain structure in children with high-functioning autismXiaoyan Ke
Key Laboratory of Child Development and Learning Science Southeast University, Ministry of Education, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
Neuroreport 19:921-5. 2008..Our findings showed global and regional brain volumes abnormality in high-functioning autism...
- Impaired Brain-Leptin Interaction in Chronic Tobacco Us*Yijun Liu; Fiscal Year: 2002..The neural modeling will be accomplished by the task-dependent interregional covariance analysis of fMRI signal in fasting subjects (smokers and controls) during exposure to food-related emotional stimuli before and after eating. ..
- Dynamic fMRI Analyses of Hypoglycemia UnawarenessYijun Liu; Fiscal Year: 2003..Development of both temporal and spatial reference systems for the in vivo modeling of glycemia regulation and hypoglycemia unawareness. ..
- FMRI Analysis of a Neural Network Involved in DepressionYijun Liu; Fiscal Year: 2006..Aim 3: to test the working hypothesis that the pregenual cingulate cortex governs selection of salient emotional stimuli. ..
- Diffusion Tensor Imaging in AutismYijun Liu; Fiscal Year: 2007....