Affiliation: University of Kentucky
- Functional dissociation of attentional selection within PFC: response and non-response related aspects of attentional selection as ascertained by fMRIXun Liu
Department of Psychology, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309, USA
Cereb Cortex 16:827-34. 2006..e. incongruent versus neutral trials), but not to the overlap in stimulus-response mappings. Therefore, this study indicates a functional differentiation for implementing attentional control within prefrontal cortex...
- The involvement of the inferior parietal cortex in the numerical Stroop effect and the distance effect in a two-digit number comparison taskXun Liu
University of Kentucky, Lexington, USA
J Cogn Neurosci 18:1518-30. 2006..Taken together, these results support both parallel and holistic comparison of two-digit numbers in the brain...
- Functional dissociation in frontal and striatal areas for processing of positive and negative reward informationXun Liu
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40536, USA
J Neurosci 27:4587-97. 2007..These distinct but interactive systems may serve to guide human's reward-seeking behavior...
- Too little, too late or too much, too early? Differential hemodynamics of response inhibition in high and low sensation seekersHeather R Collins
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, College of Medicine, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Brain Res 1481:1-12. 2012..Failure to engage such regions for response inhibition may underlie some of the risky and impulsive behaviors observed in high sensation seekers...
- Mid-fusiform activation during object discrimination reflects the process of differentiating structural descriptionsXun Liu
University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536 0098, USA
J Cogn Neurosci 20:1711-26. 2008..This region is engaged specifically in structural differentiation, a critical component process of object recognition and categorization...
- Neural developmental changes in processing inverted facesJane E Joseph
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Kentucky, 308 MRISC, 800 Rose Street, Lexington, KY 40536 0098, USA
Cogn Affect Behav Neurosci 6:223-35. 2006..Hence, when faces are inverted, adults recruit regions normally engaged for recognizing objects, possibly pointing to a role for the featural processing of inverted faces...
- Beyond risk and ambiguity: deciding under ignoranceHelen Pushkarskaya
Department of Agricultural Economics, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucy 40546 0276, USA
Cogn Affect Behav Neurosci 10:382-91. 2010..Supplemental materials for this article may be downloaded from http://cabn.psychonomic-journals.org/content/supplemental...
- Sensation seeking predicts brain responses in the old-new task: converging multimodal neuroimaging evidenceAdam L Lawson
Department of Psychology, Eastern Kentucky University, Richmond, KY, USA
Int J Psychophysiol 84:260-9. 2012..Our combined ERP and fMRI results suggest that sensation-seeking personality affects the early brain responses to visual processing, but not the later stage of memory recognition...
- Common and distinct neural substrates of attentional control in an integrated Simon and spatial Stroop task as assessed by event-related fMRIXun Liu
Department of Psychology, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309 0345, USA
Neuroimage 22:1097-106. 2004....
- Involvement of the anterior cingulate and frontoinsular cortices in rapid processing of salient facial emotional informationJin Fan
Department of Psychology, Queens College, The City University of New York, Flushing, NY 11367, USA
Neuroimage 54:2539-46. 2011....
- Neural correlates of emotional reactivity in sensation seekingJane E Joseph
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Kentucky Chandler Medical Center, Lexington, KY 40536 0098, USA
Psychol Sci 20:215-23. 2009..These distinct neurobiological profiles suggest that HSSs exhibit neural responses consistent with an overactive approach system, whereas LSSs exhibit responses consistent with a stronger inhibitory system...
- Brain activation during the Stroop task in adolescents with severe substance and conduct problems: A pilot studyMarie T Banich
Department of Psychology, University of Colorado at Boulder, Boulder, CO 80309 0344, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 90:175-82. 2007..This study investigated patterns of brain activation in adolescents with severe substance and conduct problems (SCP) compared to controls...
- Neural dysfunction in postpartum depression: an fMRI pilot studyMichael E Silverman
Department of Psychiatry, The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
CNS Spectr 12:853-62. 2007..Yet even though the relationship between psychiatric disorders and the postpartum period has been documented since the time of Hippocrates, fewer than half of all these cases are recognized...
- Provisional hypotheses for the molecular genetics of cognitive development: imaging genetic pathways in the anterior cingulate cortexJohn Fossella
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, United States
Biol Psychol 79:23-9. 2008..In shaping our own imaging genetic hypotheses on the development of Attention Networks, we review relevant literature on core models of synaptic physiology and development in the anterior cingulate cortex...
- [Surveillance of drug resistant tuberculosis in Hubei, China]Guoming Li
Institute of Tuberculosis Control, Hubei Provincial Academy of Medical Sciences, Wuhan 430079, China
Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi 25:723-6. 2002....