Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Akron
- Liu Q, Chen Y, Kubota F, Pan J, Murakami T. Expression of protocadherin-19 in the nervous system of the embryonic zebrafish. Int J Dev Biol. 2010;54:905-11 pubmed publisher..Pcdh19 was also expressed by the eye primordium, developing retina, lens and otic vesicle. Similar to its expression in the brain, Pcdh19 expression in the eye and ear was also spatially and temporally regulated. ..
- Bhattarai S, Sochacka Marlowe A, Crutchfield G, Khan R, Londraville R, Liu Q. KrÃ¼pple-like factors 7 and 6a mRNA expression in adult zebrafish central nervous system. Gene Expr Patterns. 2016;21:41-53 pubmed publisher..g. oculomotor, trigeminal, and vagal motor nuclei) contain klf7- and/or klf6a-expressing cells. Our results may provide useful information for determining these Klfs in maintenance and/or function in adult CNS. ..
- Liu Q, Marrs J, Chuang J, Raymond P. Cadherin-4 expression in the zebrafish central nervous system and regulation by ventral midline signaling. Brain Res Dev Brain Res. 2001;131:17-29 pubmed..1. ..
- Liu Q, Ensign R, Azodi E. Cadherin-1, -2 and -4 expression in the cranial ganglia and lateral line system of developing zebrafish. Gene Expr Patterns. 2003;3:653-8 pubmed
- Liu Q, Azodi E, Kerstetter A, Wilson A. Cadherin-2 and cadherin-4 in developing, adult and regenerating zebrafish cerebellum. Brain Res Dev Brain Res. 2004;150:63-71 pubmed..Our results suggest that cadherins are crucial for the normal development of the zebrafish cerebellum, and they may also be involved in the regeneration of injured fish cerebellum. ..
- Liu Q, Marrs J, Azodi E, Kerstetter A, Babb S, Hashmi L. Differential expression of cadherins in the developing and adult zebrafish olfactory system. J Comp Neurol. 2004;478:269-81 pubmed..We hypothesize that the differential expression of these three cadherins in the developing zebrafish major olfactory structures reflects functionally different roles in the development of the vertebrate olfactory system. ..
- Liu Q, Frey R, Babb Clendenon S, Liu B, Francl J, Wilson A, et al. Differential expression of photoreceptor-specific genes in the retina of a zebrafish cadherin2 mutant glass onion and zebrafish cadherin4 morphants. Exp Eye Res. 2007;84:163-75 pubmed..Our results suggest that cadherin2 and cadherin4 play important roles in the differentiation of zebrafish retinal photoreceptors. ..