Affiliation: University of Washington
- Use of a respiratory clinical score among different providersLenna L Liu
Child Health Institute, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98115 8160, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 37:243-8. 2004..By standardizing respiratory assessments, use of a clinical score may facilitate care coordination by physicians, nurses, and respiratory therapists and thereby improve care of children hospitalized with asthma and bronchiolitis...
- Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes in Asian and Pacific Islander U.S. youth: the SEARCH for Diabetes in Youth StudyLenna L Liu
Department of Pediatrics, Seattle Children s Hospital, Seattle, Washington, USA
Diabetes Care 32:S133-40. 2009..Given limited reports on diabetes among U.S. Asian and Pacific Islander youth, we describe the clinical characteristics, incidence, and prevalence of diabetes among Asian, Pacific Islander, and mixed Asian-Pacific Islander youth...
- Prevalence of overweight and obesity in youth with diabetes in USA: the SEARCH for Diabetes in Youth studyLenna L Liu
Center for Child Health, Behavior, and Development, Seattle Children s Hospital Research Institute, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Pediatr Diabetes 11:4-11. 2010....
- Evaluating geographic imputation approaches for zip code level data: an application to a study of pediatric diabetesJames D Hibbert
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Arnold School of Public Health, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC, USA
Int J Health Geogr 8:54. 2009..Several geographic imputation methods have been suggested to overcome this limitation. Accuracy evaluation of these methods can be focused at the level of individuals and at higher group-levels (e.g., spatial distribution)...
- Payment for obesity services: examples and recommendations for stage 3 comprehensive multidisciplinary intervention programs for children and adolescentsWendy Slusser
Department of Pediatrics, University of California Los Angeles School of Medicine, 2509 Pico Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90405, USA
Pediatrics 128:S78-85. 2011..In addition, suggestions are offered for a stepwise approach to implement these recommendations...
- Type 2 diabetes in youthLenna Liu
Child Health Institute and Children s Hospital and Regional Medical Center, Seattle, Washington, USA
Curr Probl Pediatr Adolesc Health Care 34:254-72. 2004
- Everyone swims: a community partnership and policy approach to address health disparities in drowning and obesitySarah Stempski
Seattle Children s Hospital, Seattle, WA, USA
Health Educ Behav 42:106S-14S. 2015....
- Building capacity for childhood obesity prevention and treatment in the medical community: call to actionMatthew Haemer
Section of Nutrition, Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine, 12700 E 19th Ave, C 225, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Pediatrics 128:S71-7. 2011..For primary care providers and non-obesity specialists, effective strategies for changing practice and the potential benefits of addressing childhood obesity systematically are discussed...