Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Assessing the spatial extent of breast tumor intrinsic optical contrast using ultrasound and diffuse optical spectroscopyAng Li
University of California, Irvine, Beckman Laser Institute and Medical Clinic, Laser Microbeam and Medical Program, Irvine, California 92612, USA
J Biomed Opt 13:030504. 2008..Analysis indicates that invasive breast tumors with anatomical dimensions of 1 cm may still be detectable at depths of 30 mm or more (the center of the lesion to the surface of tissue) using DOS in a reflectance geometry...
- Generation and visualization of four-dimensional MR angiography data using an undersampled 3-D projection trajectoryJing Liu
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Wisconsin Madison, E3 311 Clinical Sciences Center, WI 53792 3252, USA
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 25:148-57. 2006..Results from volunteer and patient studies demonstrate the advantages of dynamic imaging with high spatial resolution...
- Single breathhold cardiac CINE imaging with multi-echo three-dimensional hybrid radial SSFP acquisitionJing Liu
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Wisconsin Madison, Wisconsin, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 32:434-40. 2010..To achieve single breathhold whole heart cardiac CINE imaging with improved spatial resolution and temporal resolution by using a multi-echo three-dimensional (3D) hybrid radial SSFP acquisition...
- Monitoring and control of an anaerobic upflow fixed-bed reactor for high-loading-rate operation and rejection of disturbancesJing Liu
Department of Biotechnology, Center for Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Lund University, Lund SE 226 46, Sweden
Biotechnol Bioeng 87:43-53. 2004..Furthermore, the influent flow can be tuned automatically according to variations in organic matter in the feed without the characteristics of the influent being considered...
- An organizational evolutionary algorithm for numerical optimizationJing Liu
IEEE Trans Syst Man Cybern B Cybern 37:1052-64. 2007..Furthermore, systematic analyses have been made on all parameters of the OEA. The results show that the OEA is quite robust and easy to use...
- Understanding the neural correlates of visual perception: a survey of our toolboxJing Liu
Department of Neurobiology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Fairchild Building D209, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Rev Neurosci 17:455-68. 2006..I compare such approaches applied to primates with those applied to human subjects, and discuss how these approaches could be combined and made more powerful in the future...
- Comments on "the 1993 DIMACS graph coloring challenge" and "energy function-based approaches to graph coloring"Jing Liu
IEEE Trans Neural Netw 17:533. 2006..counted each violated edges twice and neglected the inconsistencies in the DIMACS challenge. So the correct experimental results of a previous paper by Blas et al are also given...
- A multiagent evolutionary algorithm for constraint satisfaction problemsJing Liu
Institute of Intelligent Information Processing, Xidian University, Xi an 710071, China
IEEE Trans Syst Man Cybern B Cybern 36:54-73. 2006..Even for 10(7)-queen problems, MAEA-CSPs finds the solutions by only 150 seconds. For JSPs, 59 benchmark problems are used, and good performance is also obtained...
- Sinusoidal heating method to noninvasively measure tissue perfusionJing Liu
Cryogenic Laboratory, Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, P R China
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 49:867-77. 2002..These efforts will help to build a compact device for noninvasively measuring the human perfusion, which may have significant applications in future clinics...
- Overlap may cause misleading results in two-dimensional correlation spectraZhiwu Yu
Key Laboratory of Bioorganic Phosphorous Chemistry and Chemical Biology Ministry of Education, Department of Chemistry, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
Appl Spectrosc 59:388-91. 2005
- Numerical simulation of selective freezing of target biological tissues following injection of solutions with specific thermal propertiesZhong shan Deng
Cryogenics Laboratory, P O Box 2711, Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100080, PR China
Cryobiology 50:183-92. 2005..The result also suggests that the injection of these solutions may be a feasible and flexible way to control the size of the ice ball and its direction of growth during cryosurgery, which will help to optimize the treatment process...
- Control reconfiguration of discrete event systems controllers with partial observationJing Liu
Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
IEEE Trans Syst Man Cybern B Cybern 34:2262-72. 2004..The mega-controller is also responsible for feedback function adjustments if the available observation set causes a conflict in control. We illustrate the reconfiguration procedures by an example...
- Mathematical modeling of temperature mapping over skin surface and its implementation in thermal disease diagnosticsZhong shan Deng
Cryogenics Laboratory, Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, P O Box 2711, Beijing 100080, People s Republic of China
Comput Biol Med 34:495-521. 2004..Moreover, several thermal criteria for disease diagnostic were proposed based on statistical principles. Implementations of this study for the clinical thermal diagnostics are discussed...
- Numerical study on three-region thawing problem during cryosurgical re-warmingYan Ting Zhang
Cryogenic Laboratory, P O Box 2711, Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Med Eng Phys 24:265-77. 2002..Effect of the non-ideal solution property of the living tissues to the transient temperature field during cryo-surgical re-warming was also tested through introducing a simple however intuitive way...