Affiliation: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Relationship between sleep position and risk of extreme cardiorespiratory eventsGeorge Lister
Department of Pediatrics, UTSW Medical School, Dallas, TX 75390 9063, USA
J Pediatr 161:22-5.e1. 2012..To determine whether infants at sleep in the prone side positions are at higher risk for an extreme cardiorespiratory event compared with infants at sleep in the supine position...
- 2011 Joseph W. St Geme Jr lecture: five things I'd like to see changed in American pediatrics, five lessons I've learnedGeorge Lister
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX 75390 9063, USA
Pediatrics 129:961-7. 2012....
- Sowing the seeds for a career in medicine: reflections and projectionsGeorge Lister
University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Children s Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9063, USA
Yale J Biol Med 84:257-68. 2011Dr. George Lister delivered the following presentation as the Lee E. Farr Lecturer on May 8, 2011, which served as the culmination of the annual Student Research Day at Yale School of Medicine...
- Report of colloquium I: the future of pediatric health care delivery and education--pondering imponderables to create an ideal residency in a world of critical uncertaintiesGeorge Lister
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Department of Pediatrics, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390 9063, USA
Pediatrics 123:S12-6. 2009..The specifics of the future cannot be predicted, but the themes important to thinking about the future are clear and must be incorporated into thinking about pediatric residency education...
- Mentorship: lessons I wish I learned the first timeGeorge Lister
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Medical School, Dallas, Texas 75390 9063, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 16:579-84. 2004
- Maternal assessment of physician qualification to give advice on AAP-recommended infant sleep practices related to SIDSLauren A Smith
Department of Pediatrics, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Mass, USA
Acad Pediatr 10:383-8. 2010..In this study, we investigated the following: 1) if mothers from at risk populations rate physicians as qualified to give advice about sleep practices and 2) if these ratings were associated with reports of recommended practice...
- Influence of prior advice and beliefs of mothers on infant sleep positionIsabelle Von Kohorn
Department of Pediatrics, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 164:363-9. 2010....
- Trends and factors associated with infant sleeping position: the national infant sleep position study, 1993-2007Eve R Colson
Department of Pediatrics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 163:1122-8. 2009..To determine trends and factors associated with choice of infant sleeping position...
- Longitudinal assessment of hemoglobin oxygen saturation in preterm and term infants in the first six months of lifeCarl E Hunt
Department of Pediatrics, University of Toledo Health Sciences Center, Toledo, OH, USA
J Pediatr 159:377-383.e1. 2011..To report longitudinal home recordings of hemoglobin O(2) saturation by pulse oximetry (Spo(2)) during unperturbed sleep in preterm and term infants...
- Barriers to following the supine sleep recommendation among mothers at four centers for the Women, Infants, and Children ProgramEve R Colson
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Pediatrics 118:e243-50. 2006..We previously identified barriers for parents to follow recommendations for sleep position. Our objective with this study was to quantify these barriers, particularly among low-income, primarily black mothers...
- Precursors of cardiorespiratory events in infants detected by home memory monitorCarl E Hunt
Department of Pediatrics, University of Toledo Health Sciences Center, Toledo, Ohio 43699, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 43:87-98. 2008..Thus, conventional and extreme events do not occur de novo but rather are preceded by autonomic instability of the cardiorespiratory system...
- Linking process to outcome: are we training pediatricians to meet evolving health care needs?M Douglas Jones
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Denver, School of Medicine, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Pediatrics 123:S1-7. 2009....
- Barriers to following the back-to-sleep recommendations: insights from focus groups with inner-city caregiversEve R Colson
Department of Pediatrics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CN 06520, USA
Ambul Pediatr 5:349-54. 2005..African American infants have a higher incidence of SIDS and increased risk of being placed in the prone position for sleep...
- Factors that influence use of a home cardiorespiratory monitor for infants: the collaborative home infant monitoring evaluationJean M Silvestri
Department of Pediatrics, Rush Medical College of Rush University, Rush Children s Hospital, Chicago, IL, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 159:18-24. 2005..As part of the Collaborative Home Infant Monitoring Evaluation, a home monitor was developed to record breathing, heart rate, other physiologic variables, and the time the monitor was used...
- Recruitment and development of academic pediatricians: departmental commitments to promote successAlan H Jobe
Division of Pulmonary Biology, Children s Hospital, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229 3039, USA
Pediatr Res 51:662-4. 2002