Jack W Lipton
Affiliation: University of Cincinnati
- 3,4-Methylenedioxy-N-methamphetamine (ecstasy) promotes the survival of fetal dopamine neurons in cultureJack W Lipton
Department of Psychiatry, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
Neuropharmacology 55:851-9. 2008..Understanding how MDMA increases DA neuron survival may provide insight into normal DA neuron loss during development...
- Leptin regulates energy balance and motivation through action at distinct neural circuitsJon F Davis
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45237 0506, USA
Biol Psychiatry 69:668-74. 2011..The current study asked whether leptin signaling within the lateral hypothalamus (LH) and midbrain is involved in effort-based responding for food rewards and/or the modulation of mesolimbic dopamine...
- Subthalamic nucleus stimulation increases brain derived neurotrophic factor in the nigrostriatal system and primary motor cortexAnne L Spieles-Engemann
Department of Neurology, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, USA
J Parkinsons Dis 1:123-36. 2011....
- Central melanocortins modulate mesocorticolimbic activity and food seeking behavior in the ratJon F Davis
Department of Psychiatry, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45237, USA
Physiol Behav 102:491-5. 2011..These results suggest that the melanocortin system is capable of regulating mesocorticolimbic activity and food seeking behavior...
- Exposure to elevated levels of dietary fat attenuates psychostimulant reward and mesolimbic dopamine turnover in the ratJon F Davis
Department of Psychiatry, Genome Research Institute, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45237, USA
Behav Neurosci 122:1257-63. 2008....
- Striatal pleiotrophin overexpression provides functional and morphological neuroprotection in the 6-hydroxydopamine modelSara E Gombash
Department of Neurology, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Mol Ther 20:544-54. 2012....
- Long-term behavioral consequences of prenatal MDMA exposureValerie B Thompson
Neuroscience Graduate Program, University of Cincinnati, 231 Albert Sabin Way, CVC Room 5940, ML 0537, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
Physiol Behav 96:593-601. 2009....
- Prenatal MDMA-Induced Changes in Axonal Guidance CuesJack Lipton; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, they will provide a basis for pharmacologic interventions aimed at minimizing the profound alterations in axonal sprouting, guidance and connectivity that we have already begun to observe experimentally. ..
- OXIDANT STRESS AND COCAINE-INDUCED BRAIN INJURY IN UTEROJack Lipton; Fiscal Year: 2003....