G S Liptak
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Health and social outcomes of children with cerebral palsyGregory S Liptak
Golisano Children s Hospital at Strong, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Pediatr 145:S36-41. 2004..Many more such studies are needed--especially those performed with large representative samples. In addition, the childhood factors that affect outcomes in adults with CP still need to be elucidated...
- Health care utilization and expenditures for children with autism: data from U.S. national samplesGregory S Liptak
University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, PO Box 671, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 36:871-9. 2006..Annual expenses for children with autism spectrum disorder (6,132 dollars) were more than for other children (860 dollars). Children with ASD have a substantial burden of medical illness...
- Do grip and pinch strength predict neurologic complications in children with spina bifida and hydrocephalus?Gregory S Liptak
Andrew J Kirch Developmental Services Center, Golisano Children s Hospital at Strong, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Pediatr Neurosurg 42:208-13. 2006..An earlier study suggested that acute changes in grip and pinch strength could be used to identify individuals at increased risk for developing a neurological complication...
- Complementary and alternative therapies for cerebral palsyGregory S Liptak
University of Rochester Medical Center, NY 14642, USA
Ment Retard Dev Disabil Res Rev 11:156-63. 2005..The individual with CP and his or her family have a right to full disclosure of all possible treatment options and whatever knowledge currently is available regarding these therapies...
- Screening for ventricular shunt function in children with hydrocephalus secondary to meningomyeloceleG S Liptak
Children s Hospital at Strong, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, N Y 14642, USA
Pediatr Neurosurg 34:281-5. 2001..To evaluate the current method of using computerized tomographic (CT) scans to screen for ventricular shunt failure in children who have hydrocephalus...
- Health status of children with moderate to severe cerebral palsyG S Liptak
University of Rochester Medical Center, NY 14642, USA
Dev Med Child Neurol 43:364-70. 2001....
- Effects of providing comprehensive ambulatory services to children with chronic conditionsG S Liptak
Children s Hospital at Strong, University of Rochester Medical Center, NY 14642 8671, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 152:1003-8. 1998..To document the effects of a comprehensive program of care on the resource utilization and cost of care for children with chronic conditions...
- Health and well being of adults with cerebral palsyGregory S Liptak
Department of Pediatrics, Upstate Medical University, New York 13210, USA
Curr Opin Neurol 21:136-42. 2008..It also addresses the factors known to affect the areas identified in the World Health Organization International Classification of Functioning model as being critical for optimal health and well being...
- Relationship of nutritional status to health and societal participation in children with cerebral palsyLisa Samson-Fang
University of Utah, Salt Lake City, USA
J Pediatr 141:637-43. 2002..Further studies are needed to determine the nature of these associations and how to manage nutrition in children with CP to optimize growth and health outcomes...
- Short-term persistence of high health care costs in a nationally representative sample of childrenGregory S Liptak
Department of Pediatrics, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York, USA
Pediatrics 118:e1001-9. 2006....
- Satisfaction with primary health care received by families of children with developmental disabilitiesGregory S Liptak
University of Rochester Clinical Center, Rochester, NY, USA
J Pediatr Health Care 20:245-52. 2006..To evaluate the perceptions of families of children with developmental disabilities regarding their primary care physicians and to determine if differences exist for different conditions...
- Disparities in diagnosis and access to health services for children with autism: data from the National Survey of Children's HealthGregory S Liptak
Department of Pediatrics Upstate Medical University, University Hospital, Syracuse, New York 13210, USA
J Dev Behav Pediatr 29:152-60. 2008..The aim of this study was to determine whether differences occur in the age-specific prevalence of autism or in access to health care in children of traditionally underserved populations...
- Use of botulinum toxin type A in children with cerebral palsyKaren W Nolan
Department of Physical Therapy, School of Health Science and Human Performance, Ithaca College-Rochester Campus, 300 East River Road, Rochester, NY 14623, USA
Phys Ther 86:573-84. 2006
- PICUBASICS: an on-line resource for the diagnosis and management of acute illness in children with chronic conditions and disabilitiesNienke P Dosa
Department of Pediatrics, Upstate Medical University, 750 East Adams Street, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Phys Med Rehabil Clin N Am 13:823-37, viii. 2002....
- Secondary sexual characteristics in children with cerebral palsy and moderate to severe motor impairment: a cross-sectional surveyGordon Worley
Department of Pediatrics, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Pediatrics 110:897-902. 2002....
- Promoting the participation of children with disabilities in sports, recreation, and physical activitiesNancy A Murphy
Pediatrics 121:1057-61. 2008....