G S Lipshutz
Affiliation: University of California
- ABO blood type-incompatible kidney transplantation and access to organsGerald S Lipshutz
Department of Surgery, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095 7054, USA
Arch Surg 146:453-8. 2011..To determine whether ABO-incompatible (ABOi) kidney transplantation can be performed safely and result in acceptable posttransplantation outcomes...
- Death from metastatic donor-derived ovarian cancer in a male kidney transplant recipientG S Lipshutz
Department of Surgery and Department of Urology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Am J Transplant 9:428-32. 2009..We report a male patient who developed metastatic ovarian malignancy secondary to donor transmission...
- Pancreas-kidney and pancreas transplantation for the treatment of diabetes mellitusGerald S Lipshutz
Kidney and Pancreas Transplant Program, Department of Surgery, 77 120 CHS, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am 36:1015-38; x. 2007..These documented benefits of a simultaneous kidney and pancreas transplant are the basis for its acceptance as an appropriate therapy for patients who have type 1 diabetes mellitus and end-stage renal disease...
- The evolving role of alemtuzumab (Campath-1H) in renal transplantationPhuong Thu T Pham
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Kidney and Pancreas Transplant Program, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, University of California Los Angeles, 200 UCLA Medical Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Drug Des Devel Ther 3:41-9. 2009..This article provides an overview of the literature on the evolving role of alemtuzumab in renal transplantation...
- Analysis of long-term outcomes of 3200 liver transplantations over two decades: a single-center experienceRonald W Busuttil
Dumont UCLA Liver Transplant Center, Department of Surgery, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Ann Surg 241:905-16; discussion 916-8. 2005..This work analyzes the experience of nearly 2 decades by the same team in a single center. Outcomes of OLT and factors affecting survival were analyzed...
- Optimal utilization of donor grafts with extended criteria: a single-center experience in over 1000 liver transplantsAndrew M Cameron
Dumont UCLA Liver Transplant Center, and Department of Surgery, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, 10833 LeConte Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Ann Surg 243:748-53; discussion 753-5. 2006..This work aimed to identify factors that impact survival outcomes for extended criteria donors (ECD) and developed an ECD scoring system to facilitate graft-recipient matching and optimize utilization of ECDs...
- Outcome of liver transplantation in septuagenarians: a single-center experienceGerald S Lipshutz
Center for Surgical Outcomes and Quality, Department of Surgery, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Room 77 120 CHS, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Arch Surg 142:775-81; discussion 781-4. 2007..This work compares post-liver transplant survival in septuagenarians with that of patients aged 50 to 59 years...
- Obesity and outcome following renal transplantationJ L Gore
Department of Urology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California, USA
Am J Transplant 6:357-63. 2006..001). Donor BMI did not affect overall graft survival (p > or = 0.07). Recipient obesity is associated with an increased risk of DGF and decreased graft survival following renal transplantation...
- Polyomavirus-associated nephropathy in simultaneous kidney-pancreas transplant recipients: a single-center experienceG S Lipshutz
Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, 94143, USA
Transplant Proc 36:1097-8. 2004..The purpose of this article is to outline the clinical course of SPK patients who developed documented polyoma infection in the transplanted kidney...
- Death from donor-transmitted malignancy despite emergency liver retransplantationGerald S Lipshutz
Division of Transplantation, Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Liver Transpl 9:1102-7. 2003..This case of donor-transmitted malignancy underscores the need for vigilance by the procuring surgeon in identifying potential malignancy during organ retrieval and use of a full autopsy on selected donors after organ procurement...
- BKV in simultaneous pancreas-kidney transplant recipients: a leading cause of renal graft loss in first 2 years post-transplantGerald S Lipshutz
University of California, Los Angeles, Department of Surgery, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Am J Transplant 5:366-73. 2005..The pancreas, however, is spared from evidence of infection, and no pancreatic rejection occurred when immunosuppression was decreased...
- rPSGL-Ig for improvement of early liver allograft function: a double-blind, placebo-controlled, single-center phase II studyR W Busuttil
Dumont UCLA Transplant Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Am J Transplant 11:786-97. 2011..05). This is the first clinical trial of an adhesion molecule antagonist to demonstrate a beneficial effect on liver transplantation IRI and supported by therapeutic modulation of two hepatic IRI biomarkers...
- Thrombotic microangiopathy following pancreas after kidney transplantsGerald S Lipshutz
Department of Surgery and Department of Urology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Clin Transplant 22:236-41. 2008..Whether PAK transplantation pre-disposes a subset of patients to the development of post-transplant TMA is not known. Diagnostic kidney biopsies should be considered in PAK transplant recipients with worsening kidney allograft function...
- Thorotrast-induced liver neoplasia: a collective reviewGerald S Lipshutz
Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
J Am Coll Surg 195:713-8. 2002
- Portocaval hemitransposition in pediatric liver transplant recipients: a single-center experienceGerald S Lipshutz
Dumont UCLA Liver Transplant Center, Department of Surgery, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Liver Transpl 12:1097-103. 2006..Appropriate selection of recipient and type of donor graft are essential for good outcomes. Portocaval hemitransposition should be used cautiously and as a last resort to establish portovenous inflow...
- New onset diabetes mellitus after solid organ transplantationPhuong Thu T Pham
Kidney and Pancreas Transplantation, Department of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1693, USA
Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am 36:873-90; vii. 2007..Suggested guidelines for early identification and management of NODAT are also discussed...
- Liver transplantation for HELLP syndromeAli Zarrinpar
Dumont UCLA Transplant Center, Department of Surgery, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California, USA
Am Surg 73:1013-6. 2007..This is the largest single-center report of LT for HELLP. Early recognition and transfer to a transplant center will yield best results with this challenging complication of pregnancy...
- BK nephropathy in kidney transplant recipients treated with a calcineurin inhibitor-free immunosuppression regimenGerald S Lipshutz
Department of Surgery, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Am J Transplant 4:2132-4. 2004..These cases demonstrate that, unlike reports linking tacrolimus and PVAN, polyomavirus infection may develop in patients maintained on CNI-free immunosuppressive regimens and have not had episodes of rejection...
- Evaluation of gene promoters for liver expression by hydrodynamic gene transferAndrew T Nguyen
Division of Liver and Pancreas Transplantation, Department of Surgery, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095 7054, USA
J Surg Res 148:60-6. 2008..The purpose of the present study was to evaluate promoters for efficient gene expression in hepatocytes in vivo by hydrodynamic delivery and to test the findings in a model of hemophilia A...
- Gene therapy in liver ischemia and reperfusion injuryBibo Ke
The Dumont UCLA Transplant Center, Department of Surgery, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Curr Pharm Des 12:2969-75. 2006..Future advances in gene therapy technology should result in fewer side effects, and thus more acceptable for clinical application, and more successful for organ transplantation...
- Liver transplantation in those of advancing age: the case for transplantationGerald S Lipshutz
Liver Transpl 13:1355-7. 2007
- Catheter-directed therapy for DVT after pancreas transplantationHarish D Mahanty
Department of Transplantation, California Pacific Medical Center, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Clin Transplant 21:748-54. 2007..Iliac vein deep venous thrombosis (DVT) ipsilateral to the pancreas transplant can lead to severe leg edema and compromise graft function. Treatment modalities for iliac vein DVT in the pancreas transplant recipient are limited...
- CMV otitis: a rare presentation in an adult transplant recipientGerald S Lipshutz
Transplantation 85:1870-71. 2008
- The Immune Response to Viral Vector and Transgenes in the FetusGerald Lipshutz; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will utilize a gene therapy vector in a fetal mouse model to determine if tolerance can be induced to 'non-self proteins important in therapy. ..
- Pathophysiology and Gene Replacement Strategies for Arginase DeficiencyGerald S Lipshutz; Fiscal Year: 2010....