T H Lipman
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Increasing incidence of type 1 diabetes in youth: twenty years of the Philadelphia Pediatric Diabetes RegistryTerri H Lipman
University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Diabetes Care 36:1597-603. 2013....
- Racial differences in parents' perceptions of factors important for children to live well with diabetesTerri H Lipman
University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing Division of Endocrinology and Diabetes, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6096, USA
Diabetes Educ 38:58-66. 2012....
- Diabetes risk factors in children: a partnership between nurse practitioner and high school studentsTerri H Lipman
University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, USA
MCN Am J Matern Child Nurs 36:56-62. 2011....
- Evaluation of linear measurement and growth plotting in an inpatient pediatric settingTerri H Lipman
Division of Endocrinology, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Pediatr Nurs 24:323-9. 2009..Ongoing education is necessary for nursing staff to accurately obtain and plot measurements...
- Incidence of type 1 diabetes in Philadelphia is higher in black than white children from 1995 to 1999: epidemic or misclassification?Terri H Lipman
CRNP, University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, 420 Guardian Dr, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Diabetes Care 29:2391-5. 2006..To determine the epidemiology of type 1 diabetes in children in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, from 1995 through 1999 and compare these data with previous cohorts...
- Evaluation of the accuracy of height assessment of premenopausal and menopausal womenTerri H Lipman
Pediatric Nursing at University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, and Department of Nursing, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia 19104 6096, USA
J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 35:516-22. 2006..To assess the accuracy of linear measurement of premenopausal and menopausal women...
- Celebrating 25 years of pediatric nursing research: progress and prospectsT H Lipman
Nursing of Children Division, University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Philadelphia, USA
MCN Am J Matern Child Nurs 25:331-5. 2000..It focuses on the past 25 years of pediatric nursing research, which have witnessed substantial advances in the conceptualization, design, and methods of nursing research focused on children, adolescents, and families...
- The epidemiology of type 1 diabetes in children in Philadelphia 1990-1994: evidence of an epidemicTerri H Lipman
School of Nursing, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Diabetes Care 25:1969-75. 2002..To determine the epidemiology of type 1 diabetes in children in Philadelphia from 1990 to 1994, and to identify whether an epidemic occurred during that time period...
- A multicentre randomised controlled trial of an intervention to improve the accuracy of linear growth measurementT H Lipman
Pediatric Endocrinology Nursing Society Multicenter Study, Gaithersburg, MD, USA
Arch Dis Child 89:342-6. 2004..To evaluate linear growth assessment and the effect of an intervention on measurement accuracy in primary care practices (PCP) within eight US geographical areas...
- Effect of educational preparation on the accuracy of linear growth measurement in pediatric primary care practices: results of a multicenter nursing studyKaren D Hench
Pediatric Endocrinology Nursing Society, Gaithersburg, MD 20879, USA
J Pediatr Nurs 20:64-74. 2005..The secondary analysis explored the influence of the measurer's educational level on the outcome of accurate linear measurement. Results indicated that RNs were twice as likely as non-RNs to measure children accurately...
- Fostering health equity: clinical and research training strategies from nursing educationJanet A Deatrick
School of Nursing, Center for Health Disparities Research, University of Pennsylvania, PA, USA
Kaohsiung J Med Sci 25:479-85. 2009..A unique perspective is presented through collaboration between a nursing school and a center for health disparities research...
- Concept analysis: self-monitoring in type 2 diabetes mellitusMinKyoung Song
University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, 420 Guardian Drive, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6096, United States
Int J Nurs Stud 45:1700-10. 2008..Patient's awareness of this wider set of diabetes manifestations, as well as their ability to interpret and respond to those manifestations, is influenced by subjective life experiences and individual cultural contexts...
- Effects of hypoglycemia on developmental outcome in children with congenital hyperinsulinismLinda Steinkrauss
Department of Endocrinology, The Children s Hospital of Philadephia, PA 19104, USA
J Pediatr Nurs 20:109-18. 2005..Early recognition and control of hypoglycemia are essential for preventing developmental delay in these children...
- Fasting c-peptide and insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 levels help to distinguish childhood type 1 and type 2 diabetes at diagnosisLorraine E Levitt Katz
Division of Endocrinology and Diabetes, Department of Pediatrics, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104 4399, USA
Pediatr Diabetes 8:53-9. 2007....
- Disordered eating behaviors in youth with type 1 diabetesSarah Dion Kelly
Diabetes Center for Children, Division of Endocrinology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Diabetes Educ 31:572-83. 2005..This article reviews the available data on the prevalence, screening tools, assessment guidelines, and treatment options for eating disorders in youth with type 1 diabetes...
- The natural history of thyroid autoimmunity and thyroid function in children with type 1 diabetesTerri H Lipman
J Pediatr 151:e10-2; author reply e12. 2007
- Assessment of growth and immunologic function in HIV-infected and exposed childrenTerri H Lipman
School of Nursing, University of Pennsylvania, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, USA
J Assoc Nurses AIDS Care 13:37-45. 2002..Nursing clinical practice and research implications are offered...