T H Lipman
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Increasing incidence of type 1 diabetes in youth: twenty years of the Philadelphia Pediatric Diabetes RegistryTerri H Lipman
University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Diabetes Care 36:1597-603. 2013....
- Racial differences in parents' perceptions of factors important for children to live well with diabetesTerri H Lipman
University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing Division of Endocrinology and Diabetes, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6096, USA
Diabetes Educ 38:58-66. 2012....
- Diabetes risk factors in children: a partnership between nurse practitioner and high school studentsTerri H Lipman
University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, USA
MCN Am J Matern Child Nurs 36:56-62. 2011....
- Evaluation of linear measurement and growth plotting in an inpatient pediatric settingTerri H Lipman
Division of Endocrinology, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Pediatr Nurs 24:323-9. 2009..Ongoing education is necessary for nursing staff to accurately obtain and plot measurements...
- Incidence of type 1 diabetes in Philadelphia is higher in black than white children from 1995 to 1999: epidemic or misclassification?Terri H Lipman
CRNP, University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, 420 Guardian Dr, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Diabetes Care 29:2391-5. 2006..To determine the epidemiology of type 1 diabetes in children in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, from 1995 through 1999 and compare these data with previous cohorts...
- Evaluation of the accuracy of height assessment of premenopausal and menopausal womenTerri H Lipman
Pediatric Nursing at University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, and Department of Nursing, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia 19104 6096, USA
J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 35:516-22. 2006..To assess the accuracy of linear measurement of premenopausal and menopausal women...
- Celebrating 25 years of pediatric nursing research: progress and prospectsT H Lipman
Nursing of Children Division, University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Philadelphia, USA
MCN Am J Matern Child Nurs 25:331-5. 2000..It focuses on the past 25 years of pediatric nursing research, which have witnessed substantial advances in the conceptualization, design, and methods of nursing research focused on children, adolescents, and families...
- The epidemiology of type 1 diabetes in children in Philadelphia 1990-1994: evidence of an epidemicTerri H Lipman
School of Nursing, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Diabetes Care 25:1969-75. 2002..To determine the epidemiology of type 1 diabetes in children in Philadelphia from 1990 to 1994, and to identify whether an epidemic occurred during that time period...
- A multicentre randomised controlled trial of an intervention to improve the accuracy of linear growth measurementT H Lipman
Pediatric Endocrinology Nursing Society Multicenter Study, Gaithersburg, MD, USA
Arch Dis Child 89:342-6. 2004..To evaluate linear growth assessment and the effect of an intervention on measurement accuracy in primary care practices (PCP) within eight US geographical areas...
- Effect of educational preparation on the accuracy of linear growth measurement in pediatric primary care practices: results of a multicenter nursing studyKaren D Hench
Pediatric Endocrinology Nursing Society, Gaithersburg, MD 20879, USA
J Pediatr Nurs 20:64-74. 2005..The secondary analysis explored the influence of the measurer's educational level on the outcome of accurate linear measurement. Results indicated that RNs were twice as likely as non-RNs to measure children accurately...
- Fostering health equity: clinical and research training strategies from nursing educationJanet A Deatrick
School of Nursing, Center for Health Disparities Research, University of Pennsylvania, PA, USA
Kaohsiung J Med Sci 25:479-85. 2009..A unique perspective is presented through collaboration between a nursing school and a center for health disparities research...
- Concept analysis: self-monitoring in type 2 diabetes mellitusMinKyoung Song
University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, 420 Guardian Drive, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6096, United States
Int J Nurs Stud 45:1700-10. 2008..Patient's awareness of this wider set of diabetes manifestations, as well as their ability to interpret and respond to those manifestations, is influenced by subjective life experiences and individual cultural contexts...
- Effects of hypoglycemia on developmental outcome in children with congenital hyperinsulinismLinda Steinkrauss
Department of Endocrinology, The Children s Hospital of Philadephia, PA 19104, USA
J Pediatr Nurs 20:109-18. 2005..Early recognition and control of hypoglycemia are essential for preventing developmental delay in these children...
- Fasting c-peptide and insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 levels help to distinguish childhood type 1 and type 2 diabetes at diagnosisLorraine E Levitt Katz
Division of Endocrinology and Diabetes, Department of Pediatrics, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104 4399, USA
Pediatr Diabetes 8:53-9. 2007....
- Disordered eating behaviors in youth with type 1 diabetesSarah Dion Kelly
Diabetes Center for Children, Division of Endocrinology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Diabetes Educ 31:572-83. 2005..This article reviews the available data on the prevalence, screening tools, assessment guidelines, and treatment options for eating disorders in youth with type 1 diabetes...
- The natural history of thyroid autoimmunity and thyroid function in children with type 1 diabetesTerri H Lipman
J Pediatr 151:e10-2; author reply e12. 2007
- Assessment of growth and immunologic function in HIV-infected and exposed childrenTerri H Lipman
School of Nursing, University of Pennsylvania, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, USA
J Assoc Nurses AIDS Care 13:37-45. 2002..Nursing clinical practice and research implications are offered...
- Strategies to Reduce Hlth Inequities for America IndiansTerri Lipman; Fiscal Year: 2005..of the summit include; dissemination of the proceedings and articles in the American Journal of Nursing and Journal of Transcultural Nursing and posting on the Indian Health Services and School of Nursing web sites ..