Affiliation: University of Richmond
- Heat shock response in CHO mammalian cells is controlled by a nonlinear stochastic processOvidiu Lipan
Department of Physics, University of Richmond, Richmond, Virginia, USA
PLoS Comput Biol 3:1859-70. 2007..The prediction was experimentally confirmed by measurements at the single-cell level. The computational approach can be used to study other nonlinear stochastic biological phenomena...
- Sensing the heat stress by Mammalian cellsJordan Cates
Department of Physics, University of Richmond, 28 Westhampton Way, Richmond, VA 23173, USA
BMC Biophys 4:16. 2011..abstract:..
- Systems biology. Enlightening RhythmsOvidiu Lipan
Department of Physics, University of Richmond, Richmond, VA 23173, USA
Science 319:417-8. 2008
- Is the future biology Shakespearean or Newtonian?Ovidiu Lipan
Center for Biotechnology and Genomic Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, 1120 15th St CA 4139, Augusta, GA, 30912, USA
Mol Biosyst 2:411-6. 2006..We emphasize the importance of a molecular Signal Generator in the study of genetic networks...
- The use of oscillatory signals in the study of genetic networksOvidiu Lipan
Center for Biotechnology and Genomic Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, 1120 15th Street, CA 4124, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:7063-8. 2005..We found that there are important advantages in using oscillatory signals over step or impulse signals and that the system may enter into a pure fluctuation resonance for a specific input frequency...
- The effect of coupled stochastic processes in a two-state biochemical switchGarrett C Graham
Department of Physics, University of Richmond, 28 Westhampton Way, Richmond, VA 23173 USA
J Biol Phys 37:441-62. 2011..It is also found that the environment can drastically change the response of the switch, which has important biological consequences...
- Impact of Interdisciplinary Undergraduate Research in mathematics and biology on the development of a new course integrating five STEM disciplinesLester Caudill
Departments of Mathematics and Computer Science, Physics, University of Richmond, Richmond, VA 23173, USA
CBE Life Sci Educ 9:212-6. 2010....
- GoSurfer: a graphical interactive tool for comparative analysis of large gene sets in Gene Ontology spaceSheng Zhong
Department of Biostatistics, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Appl Bioinformatics 3:261-4. 2004..gosurfer.org. Datasets used to construct the trees shown in the figures in this article are available at http://www.gosurfer.org/download/GoSurfer.zip...
- Distinct temporal genetic signatures of neurogenic and gliogenic cues in cortical stem cell culturesClaire Sauvageot
Department of Cancer Biology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Neurobiol 62:121-33. 2005..Multitissue cluster analysis also reveals tissue-specific gene signatures that may play important roles in the developing brain...
- Extensive and divergent circadian gene expression in liver and heartKai-Florian Storch
Department of Neurobiology, Harvard Medical School, Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 417:78-83. 2002..A core set of 37 genes with similar circadian regulation in both tissues includes candidates for new clock genes and output genes, and it contains genes responsive to circulating factors with circadian or diurnal rhythms...